BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

New Jimny waiting list

• Hammo19
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
03 Feb 2019 08:46 #202419 by Hammo19
Replied by Hammo19 on topic New Jimny waiting list
Hopefully there will be an increase in deliveries in March and the forum will see heavy traffic with happy new owners. I hope to be one of them. My dealer said that they were waiting for their first allocation and that would be mid to late March.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
03 Feb 2019 09:37 #202421 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic New Jimny waiting list
It's a pity that Suzuki U.K./Global haven't seen this thread and made some kind of formal recognition of just how woefully this new model has been delivered.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

• Hammo19
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
03 Feb 2019 10:39 #202433 by Hammo19
Replied by Hammo19 on topic New Jimny waiting list
Agree 100% I assume they have social media people that monitor Suzuki related pages/groups/forums most goodcompanies do now.

More
03 Feb 2019 10:46 #202435 by ZT260
Replied by ZT260 on topic New Jimny waiting list
In the broadest sense Suzuki won't really care. They have a full order book with mega waiting lists. If someone gets the hump and pulls out they have another customer waiting. They tend to push you back to contacting your local dealer and then that is where the real difference is - some are great, honest and clear, other dealers are just terrible. Almost pot luck as to which one your local dealer is...

More
03 Feb 2019 11:59 #202440 by No Stock Available
Agree Suzuki don't seem to care much in my view.

And at our garage we are getting slightly annoyed with this new Jimny now, 3 or 4 times each day having to explain we cannot get any more until 2020

explaining all the same reasons why over and over again, So from being really excited to sell this fantastic product I wish the bloody thing wasn't on site now

no good for us or the Customers. :(
The following user(s) said Thank You: ZT260

More
03 Feb 2019 12:10 #202441 by Bill Portland
If you want an SZ4 for an SZ5 price....

More
03 Feb 2019 12:53 #202442 by ZT260
Replied by ZT260 on topic Re:New Jimny waiting list
There's also this one on Autotrader:
Dealer Car

Which is an interesting case. It IS their demo but they are upfront that they cannot sell it until December (when it's 12 months old as per instruction from Suzuki), but they want someone to reserve it now. And if you're not interested in that then they try really hard to sell you into either a Vitara or an Ignis...

• AlexK
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
03 Feb 2019 14:00 #202444 by AlexK
Replied by AlexK on topic New Jimny waiting list
I tried offering some constructive comments to Suzuki customer services about the way the process has been managed from a customer's perspective, but they weren't interested.

In their response they said there will not be another allocation until Q3/September, and if you miss that, it will be 2020 before there's another chance. Last I heard, the dealers were waiting for a Q2 allocation, but that seems to have gone awol.

More
03 Feb 2019 16:44 #202452 by Bill Portland
I had a few words with suzuki GB too but they think that the "fair" way was to allocate cars based on size of dealer and to ignore paying customers that had placed orders and paid deposits.

More
03 Feb 2019 19:27 #202475 by reedx
Replied by reedx on topic Re:New Jimny waiting list
My local dealer have recently received their first allocation of 2 cars. My silver SZ4, which I'm collecting on Thursday, and another customers white SZ5. I don't believe they know when they will get any more.

Colin

• TomNewton
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
04 Feb 2019 20:24 #202576 by TomNewton
Replied by TomNewton on topic New Jimny waiting list

Bill Portland wrote: Cronus Leader. According to my dealer - "[the car is] on route to go to the Import Centre at Zeebrugge firstly to await shipping to the UK, it will then be shipped to Grimsby Import Centre to await Inspections, then go to Grimsby PDI Centre for its Pre-Delivery Checks, it will then go to Grimsby deliverable stage and await to be planned into a load and then dispatched to us (usually arrive with us 24-48 hours after being dispatched) once it arrives with us we can carryout the final pdi and valet. " Hence why it takes quite a while I guess

Got an update on mine today that might be of interest, popped into my dealer today for an update and he said mine is currently at Zeebrugge awaiting delivery to the UK. He couldn't give me the ship name unfortunately. They've put an ETA of 19th March, but interestingly he said he's got cars due first week of March on the same ship as my car so it could be a few weeks sooner. I was just relived to hear mine had left Japan so I was delighted to here it was as far Zeebrugge!

Fingers crossed everyone there's a few on there!

More
04 Feb 2019 21:26 #202579 by ZT260
Replied by ZT260 on topic New Jimny waiting list
Likely Leo Spirit that got to Zebrugge last week (after having been to the UK at Bristol first...) Not sure which ship it then gets put on to get to Grimsby, or if it stays on that one?

Time to create page: 0.276 seconds