BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

New Jimny waiting list

• lee1980
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
22 Jan 2019 12:34 #201410 by lee1980
Replied by lee1980 on topic New Jimny waiting list
For me reading all these replies, I think will hope my RX8 keeps going until end of year for sure. Forking out 15-18k to would really like a choice of spec and options plus colours etc.
Dealers always seem to tell white lies just to get a sell or deposit. Seeing the experiences on here is not good at all.
Good to see on facebook it looks like the SZ4 stereo will probably be able to be replaced with an aftermarket one, if you want carplay etc!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Jan 2019 16:52 #201420 by Scimike
Replied by Scimike on topic New Jimny waiting list
Reading this to me it appears the "waiting list" is due to dealers not knowing what they will get and when. I am sure if you phone around and ask what they have it may be possible to have a new Jimny within the week, possibly even the one you want. Maybe its just the wrong cars in the wrong place????

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)

• TomNewton
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
22 Jan 2019 17:14 #201425 by TomNewton
Replied by TomNewton on topic New Jimny waiting list

Scimike wrote: Reading this to me it appears the "waiting list" is due to dealers not knowing what they will get and when. I am sure if you phone around and ask what they have it may be possible to have a new Jimny within the week, possibly even the one you want. Maybe its just the wrong cars in the wrong place????

That's exactly what I did! Few weeks ago, spoke to Cardiff who said the usual six months plus, then spoke to Bridgend who happened to have one for immediate delivery and then Swansea which had one built but not shipped due for March. Went for the March one as thats the one that suited me. My advice to anyone that's not ordered but wants one and isn't too fussy keep ringing around and visiting the dealers.

More
22 Jan 2019 17:41 #201426 by No Stock Available
Hi Guys

Nice website interesting reading, As a Suzuki Salesman we are just as annoyed at the stock situation as most of you and frustrated as well.

Hopefully 2020 brings the 2000 units they promise !

Hopefully I can answer any queries you may have.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Foxtrot

More
22 Jan 2019 18:00 #201427 by Bill Portland
If you're from suzuki GB, you could start by answering my emails.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
22 Jan 2019 18:08 #201428 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic Re:New Jimny waiting list
Forgive me but is not talking of 2020 in January 2019 just a little bit like shutting the door after the horse has bolted?

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
22 Jan 2019 18:55 #201433 by No Stock Available
Hi not from Suzuki gb. Just a salesman

More
22 Jan 2019 18:58 #201434 by No Stock Available
Sorry was a slightly selfish reply, I meant in terms of my dealership we have sold our 8 that have been. Allocated to us this year. We cannot order any more or accept orders so we are looking forward to 2020. Considering only 1100 are coming into the uk for 2019.

More
22 Jan 2019 19:42 #201435 by Hanslow
Replied by Hanslow on topic Re:New Jimny waiting list
NSA, how proactive are you in communicating with your prospective new purchasers regardless of whether it's good or bad news? Are you too busy to drop courteous updates or do you prefer, or actually get, constantly badgered by said purchasers?
Do you and/or other salesman actively read emails or do you tend to just still use footfall and phone calls?
Genuine questions, I'm interested to hear what your particular approach is.

More
22 Jan 2019 19:52 #201436 by No Stock Available
I am only speaking for myself and my dealership, we are very regarding new buyers we are very honest with them, we tell them it’s at least a 12 months waiting list from ourselves we don’t know when we can take orders again or what’s stock we will be getting we are asking people to leave their details with us if want to be offered a chance to order when they become avialable again.

Regarding contact we tell customers the news when we have it depending on their enquires, those who have placed an order get priority , then it’s those who’s want the next batch of cars. We also have a long list of those who are just showing an interest we try to keep people updated but at the moment we are not getting much info on the car so not much can be done for now.

We read all emails our customers send us all Suzuki leads and all general enquires email phone or visit is good.

Our approach at the moment is quite simply, customers are more than welcome to come drive look around it ask us questions if then welcome to leave their details and we can update them when we have further news.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hanslow

• Andy2640
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
22 Jan 2019 20:50 - 22 Jan 2019 20:53 #201440 by Andy2640
Replied by Andy2640 on topic Re:New Jimny waiting list

No Stock Available wrote: Sorry was a slightly selfish reply, I meant in terms of my dealership we have sold our 8 that have been. Allocated to us this year. We cannot order any more or accept orders so we are looking forward to 2020. Considering only 1100 are coming into the uk for 2019.

This gets stranger by the day. My deposit taker said to me 8 months. I rang today and spoke to another guy at the same dealership and he says they haven't got a clue if any more cars are turning up at all. How can they be so inconsistent within the same bloody dealership! Its a shell game!

I have been told that dealers are getting 3-4 cars a month from Suzuki GB. So WTF is going on. No one has got a bloody clue it seems. If so... they should stick to the same story, ya know the same page kinda thing.

I think there needs to be more communication with us lot, and an urgent memo needs to be sent to all dealers. Its amateur night right here.
Last edit: 22 Jan 2019 20:53 by Andy2640.

More
22 Jan 2019 20:52 #201441 by Bob1050
Replied by Bob1050 on topic Re:New Jimny waiting list
Great to read the views of a real sales person. I've had a few laughs over the past few weeks chatting to sales people regarding the acquisition of a new Jimny. The chat ranged from - you will be lucky to get one before 2020 and we've got a couple of deals that look like falling through - how fussy are you about colour/spec.

Fortunately, in my case there are prospective customers who talk a good game but seem to have problems opening their wallets when it comes to actually completing the deal. I understand they are known to sales folk as fantasists, time wasters and tyre kickers. When I arrived at one dealership, the sales person welcomed me as someone who could complete the deal, not waste his time and we both went home happy. What appears to be a consistent fact is that if you can source an available Jimny - you are unlikely to get much choice in the way of colour or mdel.

Time to create page: 0.202 seconds