BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Spark plugs

• Cremator1
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
26 Dec 2018 10:12 #199453 by Cremator1
Spark plugs was created by Cremator1
Hi all and merry Christmas just thought I would check spark plugs this mor don’t no why lol and they are Bosch ones in would there be any benefit from fitting the proper ngk ones done 15000 miles in it they look of but do notice it does not start on the button when first starting in morning. Also is there a fuel filter that should be changed many thanks dawn

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
26 Dec 2018 10:25 #199454 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic Spark plugs
The fuel filter is integral to the pump in the tank, it's not a service item. I have the proper ngk iridium plugs in both Ermintrude and Zebedee. They are not cheap like 20 odd quid each not cheap but they last well and haven't given a single issue.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

• Cremator1
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
26 Dec 2018 10:42 #199455 by Cremator1
Replied by Cremator1 on topic Spark plugs
Hi lambert hope u had good Christmas ok cool I can get a set on the bay for 45 so will get a set x

More
26 Dec 2018 10:43 #199456 by Busta
Replied by Busta on topic Spark plugs
Slow starting is unlikely to be a plug issue. As long as they are Iridium, the Bosch plugs are absolutely fine and there is no reason to change them out before the standard service interval. If they are nickel (non-iridium) then they will also be fine but need changing more regularly.

• Lambert
    Registered
More
26 Dec 2018 11:57 #199459 by Lambert
45quid sounds a bit too good to be true for 4, be sure you are getting what you need an not a knockoff.

More
26 Dec 2018 14:57 #199463 by Scimike
Replied by Scimike on topic Spark plugs
^^^^^^ I agree, plenty of counterfeit spark plugs out in the world, so get them from a reputable source. They even rip off the cheaper plugs.....

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)

• Cremator1
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
26 Dec 2018 16:34 - 26 Dec 2018 16:52 #199465 by Cremator1
Oh ok did not know they copy spark plugs lol what should the price be then lol I thought 45 pound sound a lot for 4 plugs lol don’t think the Bosch one in them are iridium what ever that is carparts for less 46 pound after discountNGK Spark PlugProduct Code: 408810010 Click to EnlargeNGK Spark PlugIn StockFREE delivery available*Next day delivery available (Order before 4pm Mon-Thur)£ 14.25
Price £ 25.66SAVE 44%
Home DeliveryOrder by 4pm for Next Day Delivery International Delivery
Last edit: 26 Dec 2018 16:52 by Cremator1.

More
26 Dec 2018 18:06 - 26 Dec 2018 18:07 #199468 by Scimike
Not sure how much plugs are for the Jimny as not replaced mine yet, but I am aware that fakes exist, hence only choose a reputable supplier. Not saying all on ebay are fake, but as Lambert "too good to be true" is usually a give away.
Personal £45 sounds a lot for plugs, I tend to just fit plan NGKs in my other vehicles at £3 to £5 each, but then these vehicles dont require any special plugs.
I may be in for a shock with the Jimny, but I will just look at each manufacturers listing for the vehicle then decide when its time to change them. I believe the big Jimny store sells plugs.

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)
Last edit: 26 Dec 2018 18:07 by Scimike.

• Cremator1
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
26 Dec 2018 18:52 #199469 by Cremator1
Hi yes I thought 45 pound was a lot for plugs. But they recommend the nkg iridium plug for jimny yes I saw them in shop but they are 16 per plug

More
26 Dec 2018 20:32 #199470 by Scimike
My owners manual shows both Iridium and Nickel plugs as standard fitment. NGK IFR6J11 (Iridium) and NGK BKR6E-11. It also has DENSO K20PR-U11 as an alternative. The BKR6E is £3.59 from Euro car parts, so those will be going in mine as they are:
1) Cheap,
2) Listed in my owners manual (2009 VVT)
3) Fitted in all my other vehicles and work well.

To be honest when Iriduim plugs hit the market new (a long time ago) they were the must have upgrade for any vehicle. I fitted a set at great expense in my Z750 Kawasaki, it made it run like a dog. I then fitted new standard NGKs (cheap) and it ran like a Swiss watch. So for me I dont buy into the hype.

• Lambert
    Registered
More
27 Dec 2018 05:28 #199481 by Lambert
These current 2 and their predecessor put my current combined mileage with the m13a vvt and iridium plugs at something well over 150000miles. In that time i have had 2 occasions of rough running one was due to feeling cheap and buying nickel plugs at the 36k interval on Ermintrude not a happy car and the other has to have been as a consequence of prolonged use of cheap fuel causing a build up of deposits over time. Now though having worked out that the immediate additional cost of quality components and decent fuel is offset down the line with better reliability and more pleasant driving dynamics i now refuse to skimp on either of them.

Also the big Jimny price is extremely competitive especially when you have planned your maintenance, locally I expect to pay upwards of 20 pounds per plug in Harrogate though everything here is over priced.

More
27 Dec 2018 12:29 - 27 Dec 2018 12:29 #199490 by Bosanek
Replied by Bosanek on topic Spark plugs
I have recently revamped the former "Forecourt" wiki article into a full fledged Regular maintenance consumables wiki article.

There you will find official specifications and replacement intervals for spark plugs, as well as "practical comments".

By/the/way,/I/strongly/suggest/to/anyone/who/writes/in/the/forum(s)/to/use/(at/least)/some/punctuations/(dots commas quotes capital letters whatever etc). Iwon'tnameanyoneforthatmatter...

Otherwisetypingspacecharactersmightalsocomeoutoffashiontoo (like it has been in centuries in German language).
Last edit: 27 Dec 2018 12:29 by Bosanek.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yakuza

Time to create page: 0.144 seconds