BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

2019 Jimny mirrors

• Dorsetdumpling
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
25 Dec 2018 21:50 #199440 by Dorsetdumpling
2019 Jimny mirrors was created by Dorsetdumpling
A lot of yuotube videos from the far east show passenger side door mirrors with a pair of tiny mirrors slung underneath which, I think, allow you to see the front and rear wheels.

Seems like a staggeringly simple and useful idea, however they don’t appear on UK spec models.

Anyone know if these are accessories or standard fit on their models?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Dec 2018 22:15 #199441 by reedx
Replied by reedx on topic 2019 Jimny mirrors
They're not listed on the UK accessory list.

Colin

• OlaGB
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
26 Dec 2018 00:16 #199447 by OlaGB
Replied by OlaGB on topic 2019 Jimny mirrors
Not a bad idea at all!
Lets hope this could be retrofit to the earlier models

Attachments:

More
26 Dec 2018 13:07 - 26 Dec 2018 13:14 #199460 by yakuza
Replied by yakuza on topic 2019 Jimny mirrors
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationwouldn't be surprised if this popped up on ebay soon. What would it be called?
Auxiliary mirror?

Edit: Not the same but some more expensive cars got extra cameras and AR functions on them and stuff. I put a small camera underneath the car facing forward. not so very useful. thinking these mirrors is very clever.

Edit2:
found this one. probably more smart or better looking ones as well on there..

Norway 2005 Jimny M16A VVT, 235 BFG MT, 2" Trailmaster, ARB rear lck, 17%/87% high/low gears.
Last edit: 26 Dec 2018 13:14 by yakuza.

• Crumbs
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
31 Oct 2019 17:58 #215254 by Crumbs
Replied by Crumbs on topic 2019 Jimny mirrors
If I remember correctly, the very first Gen 4 Jimny japabese marketing pictures showed door mirrirs with three seperate lenses.

Basically the same mirrors that vans have fitted.

I recon that the dip in the doors are to accomodate taller mirrors.

The excuse that the design is to see better peering under the mirrirs is particulary weak.

The Jimny needs the multy lens mirrirs for exactly the reasons vans and trucks need them, reduse blind spots and actualy see where the rear wheels are without hanging you head out of the windows bearing in mind that the drivers window has automatic closing.

OK, I have had the Suzuki hub for belgium and Holland source parts directly from Japan and deliver to an address in Brussels.

I wonder if Suzuki Technical UK could order the mirrors direct from Japan.

More
31 Oct 2019 18:18 #215255 by Bill Portland
Replied by Bill Portland on topic 2019 Jimny mirrors
Ive got my mirrors adjusted so I can see the rear wheels and the normal road behind. Maybe it's a height issue? I'm a short ass. I could do with a blind spot system too though

More
31 Oct 2019 19:44 #215257 by mlines
Replied by mlines on topic 2019 Jimny mirrors
Depending oh how keen your dealers parts department are, they can order parts listed on the Japan system provided it is listed. That may seem a silly statement but some countries have "local" parts that have a Suzuki code allocated but the code is not listed on the central system. This is where a country has gone out on its own and created a part.

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

More
31 Oct 2019 20:00 #215259 by Keithy
Replied by Keithy on topic 2019 Jimny mirrors
I saw some Japanese gen3 mirrors that had a blindspot mirror on the bottom.....my new Jimny has the.smaller gen3 mirrors so I'll probably make some.

Should be able to get the factory ones second hand from Japan though.

I saw them in a Philipenes jimny group on facebook.

More
31 Oct 2019 21:24 #215261 by Soeley
Replied by Soeley on topic 2019 Jimny mirrors
Ever since I got my Jimny in January I have been searching for those mirrors and have not found them. Plenty of similar items on Amazon, but not the genuine item.

I really want one!

• Dorsetdumpling
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
01 Nov 2019 23:25 #215288 by Dorsetdumpling
Replied by Dorsetdumpling on topic 2019 Jimny mirrors
Annoyingly, the Japanese accessories brochure shows vehicles with these fitted, but THEY’RE NOT IN THE BROCHURE as accessories...

• CC Baxter
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 Nov 2019 20:12 #215671 by CC Baxter
Replied by CC Baxter on topic 2019 Jimny mirrors
I found this on the Japanese equivalent of ebay, buy it now for £250 + delivery.
Too rich for me but I'm sure more will turn up. Chris
www.jauce.com/auction/b397772148
Attachments:

More
16 Nov 2019 11:53 - 16 Nov 2019 11:58 #215688 by facade
Replied by facade on topic 2019 Jimny mirrors

Bill Portland wrote: Ive got my mirrors adjusted so I can see the rear wheels and the normal road behind. Maybe it's a height issue? I'm a short ass. I could do with a blind spot system too though

You are actually supposed to adjust the wing mirrors so that you can't see your own car, you want no overlap with the internal mirror to reduce blindspots.

www.caranddriver.com/features/a15131074/...o-avoid-blind-spots/

I too adjust mine to show the road and the back wheel so I can reverse into a parking space between the lines easily, and look over my shoulder because I know this creates blindspots.

If it suddenly breaks, go back to the last thing that you did before it broke and start looking there :)
Last edit: 16 Nov 2019 11:58 by facade.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bill Portland

Time to create page: 0.165 seconds