BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

New Jimny SZ4/SZ5 in the UK Market

• Totoro
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
18 Dec 2018 13:03 #199147 by Totoro
New Jimny SZ4/SZ5 in the UK Market was created by Totoro
Hi Folks,

Hoping one of you guys might be able to provide some definitive information on the differences between the new Jimny SZ4 and SZ5 variants.

I know exact specs. differ from market to market, but I’ve had contradictory information from Suzuki dealers.

So the things I’m pretty sure about are: Alloy Wheels, LED light, Privacy Glass, Climate control, Heated Seats, Touch Screen Audio, Leather Steering Wheel, tool thing in the boot and some extra power sockets here and there.

The bit that’s I’ve had contradictory information about is the safety feature stuff, the braking and sign reading thingy.
I’d seen that in the UK both the SZ4 and SZ5 models had this safety feature. I went for a test drive at the weekend and the dealer told me the SZ4 definitely did not have this.

Anyone know for sure?

Cheers in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Dec 2018 14:02 - 18 Dec 2018 14:03 #199149 by reedx
I'd be interested in the answer to this one too. I've got an SZ4 on order, but it's a bit mad that Suzuki still don't have a proper brochure available listing the exact specification of the different models.

My dealer thought that the safety braking was there on the SZ4, but wasn't sure about the traffic sign recognition.

I'm guessing all of the demonstrators are the SZ5?

Colin
Last edit: 18 Dec 2018 14:03 by reedx.

More
18 Dec 2018 14:15 #199150 by mlines
Does this edited document help

This browser does not support PDFs. Please download the PDF to view it: Download PDF

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: reedx

• Totoro
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
18 Dec 2018 14:45 #199151 by Totoro
Replied by Totoro on topic New Jimny SZ4/SZ5 in the UK Market
Thanks Martin. That totally clears that up fro me.
The dealer I visited on the weekend explicitly told me there was no Dual Sensor Brake Support on the SZ4....I'll have to send them that document ;o)

More
18 Dec 2018 14:52 #199152 by mlines
umm, its the dealer document :ohmy:

Martin

235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air

More
18 Dec 2018 14:58 #199154 by reedx
Thanks Martin, that's really useful. If both models have Lane Departure Warning, then I'm guessing that the camera/sensor module above the rear view mirror is common, so maybe the road sign warning functionality is also included.

Colin

More
18 Dec 2018 15:05 #199155 by mlines
Yes, however I would advise caution as these are early specs and they could be printed incorrectly.

Also, based on my own cars, Lane Departure Warning is standard on fairly low specification cars but traffic sign recognition is only on the higher spec ones (Range Rovers). So whilst some of the physical tech might be there, the back end processor or software enablement may not be.

Martin

Martin

More
18 Dec 2018 17:53 #199163 by Scimike
Oh dear me, they are filling them with technology, the very reason or lack of I purchased a Jimny in the first place. I guess my ideal model in the new range would be minus SZ4.....:lol:

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)

• gokturkmehmet
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
18 Dec 2018 20:41 - 18 Dec 2018 20:52 #199166 by gokturkmehmet
Replied by gokturkmehmet on topic New Jimny SZ4/SZ5 in the UK Market
A simple question
From the gear ratios

auto version: 0.697x 1.320 = 0.920
manual : 1.000 x 1.000 = 1,000

Does this mean auto will have lower RPM on roads cruising? (I think it was same before)

by the way I am located in Istanbul Turkey. We only have SZ5 here auto. And the price is 24500 Euros including everything tax etc. led lights etc.
Comparing with the price of Subaru XV in UK, (a japanese import example), we find it more expensive "relatively" here, probably because there are not many for sale yet. I would buy it if it was around 20-21k with that configuration.

edit:
(uk prices)
subaru 1.6 xv base : 25310 pounds
jimny sz5 auto: 19000 pounds.

here in Turkey. they are both 24500 euros. interesting.
Last edit: 18 Dec 2018 20:52 by gokturkmehmet.

More
18 Dec 2018 21:25 #199168 by Gadget

gokturkmehmet wrote: A simple question
From the gear ratios

auto version: 0.697x 1.320 = 0.920
manual : 1.000 x 1.000 = 1,000

Does this mean auto will have lower RPM on roads cruising? (I think it was same before)

Not sure, but the Honest John review of the auto model states that 70mph = 3500rpm

www.honestjohn.co.uk/carbycar/suzuki/jimny-2019/road-test/

• activeuk
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
18 Dec 2018 21:47 #199170 by activeuk
Replied by activeuk on topic New Jimny SZ4/SZ5 in the UK Market
Was told first batch of car's are on this ship HOEGH AFRICA

More
18 Dec 2018 22:20 #199172 by reedx
If they are then they're currently off the southern coast of Spain

www.vesselfinder.com/?imo=9277814

Colin

Time to create page: 0.171 seconds