BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Diesel conversion

• jonaosi
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 Dec 2018 23:29 #198977 by jonaosi
Diesel conversion was created by jonaosi
Hello. I have 1999 Suzuki Jimny with G13BB and automatic transmission. Recently I bought 1998 Vitara 2.0 td with automatic transmission and I've been thinking about moving the engine and transmission to the Jimny. Has anyone here done something similar?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Dec 2018 05:57 #198978 by zukebob
Replied by zukebob on topic Diesel conversion
The auto transmission used with the 2 litre petrol in those Vitaras was the Aisin Warner AW4 (03-70 series). I'm fairly sure it would be the same used with the 2 litre TD. In all the research I've done, I haven't found anyone that has integrated the AW4 in the Jimny, regardless of what engine it was behind. The AW4 is significantly larger/longer than the Jimny autos. The AW4 is a much stronger transmission and I will closely follow your progress should you attempt the swap.

I started out with nothing & still have most of it left

More
15 Dec 2018 06:27 #198980 by Max Headroom
Replied by Max Headroom on topic Diesel conversion
Hi Jonaosi - Welcome, and greetings from the Cotswold Hills

IF IT AINT BROKE, KEEP FIXING IT UNTIL IT IS

Time to create page: 0.083 seconds