BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Service schedule

• Funkyboy
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 Dec 2018 20:26 #198970 by Funkyboy
Service schedule was created by Funkyboy
Hi all,

Looking to buy Jimny circa 11/12 plate can anyone help me with the service schedule?
Realise car is chain driven but is there any items that would due to be changed on average mileage 6-7 year Jimny?
Found various info on the net some saying a belt needs changing every 2 years?
I would do the basic oil and filter plus air filter changes myself any other help or info would be very much appreciated

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
14 Dec 2018 20:53 #198971 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic Service schedule
That's about the same era as my 2. Depending on the miles covered it will potentially be needing a new back box on the exhaust, the king pin bearing sets will either have been changed recently or will be needing a review but they are very use dependent and aren't officially a service item but there's a tonne of information on the site about them. Auxiliary drive belts again are mileage dependent but should have been changed at least once already. Same idea for transmission lubrication in both boxes and axles it depends on the use it's had. Ultimately it's a used car and your peace of mind comes from either buying a straight one for all the money in the world off a reputable dealership or buying one sensible money and factoring in a comprehensive round of servicing to get it to a standard you're happy with.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
14 Dec 2018 20:54 - 14 Dec 2018 21:57 #198972 by Scimike
Replied by Scimike on topic Service schedule
I had a different approach when I purchased our Jimny, I just changed everything!
Even though it had service stamps etc the only way I could know 100% when items needed to be changed was to change them myself. Its not that expensive if you DIY, mainly Engine /Transmission oils, plugs filters, antifreeze and belts. To recall it was just over £120 in parts.
The only surprise was how clean the gearbox and axle oil looked, so it may have been changed.

Antifreeze is due at the 5 year mark, but how it is driven will change the service needs, so other than this not 100% sure.

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)
Last edit: 14 Dec 2018 21:57 by Scimike.

More
15 Dec 2018 06:12 #198979 by Max Headroom
Replied by Max Headroom on topic Service schedule

Scimike wrote: I had a different approach when I purchased our Jimny, I just changed everything!.

That was my philosophy too! I had it done at a main Suzi dealer and was surprised how (relatively) cheap it was compared to my previous car (SAAB)

Mine is chain-driven too but I had all g'boxes and axles drained and replenished; all hoses changed (only because a couple were looking a bit shabby). engine coolant changed, brake-fluid changed, and I asked them to inspect all 'the usual suspects' in terms of bushes etc. and a full service carried out.

IF IT AINT BROKE, KEEP FIXING IT UNTIL IT IS

More
17 Dec 2018 09:37 #199103 by Busta
Replied by Busta on topic Service schedule
Unless it's obviously been used off-road I wouldn't worry about doing anything beyond what's suggested in the handbook. They specify a period for changing the auxillary belts but I would visually inspect for cracks and unless they have started to perish leave them b. Suck a bit of oil out of the rear diff to check for water contamination. If white and cloudy, change the front too. Otherwise just stick to the schedule.

Time to create page: 0.112 seconds