BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Wheels and Tyres.again

• UncleAl
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 Nov 2018 10:55 #197628 by UncleAl
Wheels and Tyres.again was created by UncleAl
Sorry to bring up the perennial question but I still have not got this straight in my head. If I have fitted a Trailmaster 2" lift kit, can I then fit 16" Vitara rims and 205/80/16 tyres without modding the body? and will I get both improvement in road handling and a slight gain in clearance for the bumpy stuff? AND how do I tell the difference between the 'Deep Dish' vitara wheels and 't'other ones? Being dumb like I am. Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Nov 2018 11:53 #197629 by jackonlyjack
Replied by jackonlyjack on topic Wheels and Tyres.again

These are the deep dish style with 225 75's
2" suspension lift and 1"body blocks
You should just be ok with 205 80's
Attachments:

More
13 Nov 2018 15:15 #197633 by jackonlyjack
Replied by jackonlyjack on topic Wheels and Tyres.again
this is the other wheel you're on about
i think this one is 6.5" rim width

which would suit the 205 tyre better BUT i read somewhere these have a different off set
and will need a 5mm spacer shim to stop it catching
the one's i have are 7" rim width and i suffer from rim damage with the 225's fitted

I wish you could buy modular steels with a 6" rim my only other option is to buy landy to suzuki spacers
then i could get my desired 6" rim width ;)
Attachments:

• UncleAl
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 Nov 2018 15:32 #197634 by UncleAl
Replied by UncleAl on topic Wheels and Tyres.again
Thank you, that is really helpful, now I know what to look for. I figure the 16" rims give me a better choice of tyre as 205/75/15s are viewed as an odd size over here it seems. Off to the breakers!

Time to create page: 0.104 seconds