BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Ignis Recaros - Recline flat?

• ChrisW
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
20 Jul 2018 14:52 #194505 by ChrisW
Ignis Recaros - Recline flat? was created by ChrisW
Hey Guys,

With the stock seats they recline back to level with the rear seat, do the Ignis Recaros do the same?
I have the older cloth seats but this is basically what I am talking about:

In essence, I am building a rear box at the moment that needs to be just above the reclined seats as I will be making a flat area internally (whole car) and plan on installing Recaros when I get some so want to make the box to accommodate.

Also they look like they are higher so I will need to sit the box slightly further back. Could anyone with a set please confirm if this will work? If someone could take a pic to show how far back the seats go into the rear area that would be amazing.

Chris

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Riccy
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Registered
  • J999 MNY Bashing around Carlisle
More
20 Jul 2018 19:04 #194512 by Riccy
Replied by Riccy on topic Ignis Recaros - Recline flat?
You have to cannibalise the jimny seats for the mounting and reclining parts, so they are exactly the same, except the backrests are a tiny bit wider on them.

J999 MNY, ULYSSES M18 VVT with ITB's Dyno tested at 130hp

Pickup/tipper, R7me gearbox & 6.4 Rocklobster, 31" Toyo MT, 2x ARB air locker 3.9 diffs in braced axles, 6" total lift, Floating rear conversion, Raptor painted, CB, Recaro's, Caged, etc, etc...

www.youtube.com/user/riclemus

• Caelite
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
20 Jul 2018 23:04 - 20 Jul 2018 23:07 #194518 by Caelite
Replied by Caelite on topic Ignis Recaros - Recline flat?
Afraid not.

I actually just ran out to check there. With the passenger seat in its most forward position the back of the chair is too high, it is obstructed by both the seat back of the back seat and seat base. Got some pictures to try and show what I mean. The Recaros are about ~50mm higher than the stock seats and the clearance just isn't there, however as riccy says, it's the same mechanism so it does have the capacity to fold just as flat if obstructions are removed. They are magnitudes more comfortable than the stock seats too.

EDIT: If you want any more specific or better quality/larger pictures feel free to ask away.
Attachments:
Last edit: 20 Jul 2018 23:07 by Caelite.

• ChrisW
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
23 Jul 2018 10:48 #194553 by ChrisW
Replied by ChrisW on topic Ignis Recaros - Recline flat?
Thanks Caelite, those pics are perfect. I don't have the rear seats in so I can just adjust the size of the box I am building to be 50mm or so further back into the rear so the seat can fold all the way down.

Its a lot of lost space, but I can make it work. Maybe make a hatch that I open, push the seat down and close it back up over the seat.... mmm more thinking needed.

Time to create page: 0.075 seconds