BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

New Jimny - UK

More
20 Jun 2018 01:32 #193649 by zukebob
Replied by zukebob on topic Re:New Jimny - UK
I usually avoid predictions, preferring to wait for solid technical specs I'll jump in anyway.

I think that the platform is essentially a Jimny that has been modified only as necessary to integrate the new K15B engine. Even the transfer case shift "lever" I think is only a part of Suzuki's "retro" effort. Looking at the transfer case in the rendering, I don't see any accommodation for a lever. I'm thinking the lever is most likely no more than a 3 position switch, electronically operating the transfer case in place of the dash mounted buttons. It is only a rendering so the reality may be a little different.

While my thinking is that the platform is primarily the same as the current generation, what is impossible to tell (or get information on) is what transmissions are being used. That's what I'm really waiting for. All that is indicated is that it will have a 5 speed manual and 4 speed automatic. Since the K15B apparently has a max torque output of 138 Nm, I'm thinking that at least the automatic may change. The current TW-40E is rated at a max torque input of 114.5 Nm. It just doesn't make sense to me for Suzuki to keep the current AT. I would love to see one of the 03-70 series put behind the new engine but that is going back to the guessing/prediction/hoping game again.

We will all see soon.

I started out with nothing & still have most of it left
The following user(s) said Thank You: mlines, Lambert

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
20 Jun 2018 05:23 #193653 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic Re:New Jimny - UK
One thing that should come of this is a rationalisation of second hand prices. I have been watching the market for a while and 7 to 8 grand for an 8 year old car that wasn't twice that new is mental.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
20 Jun 2018 06:56 #193654 by mlines
Replied by mlines on topic Re:New Jimny - UK

zukebob wrote: Even the transfer case shift "lever" I think is only a part of Suzuki's "retro" effort. Looking at the transfer case in the rendering, I don't see any accommodation for a lever. I'm thinking the lever is most likely no more than a 3 position switch, electronically operating the transfer case in place of the dash mounted buttons. It is only a rendering so the reality may be a little different.

Good spot, I thought the lever had been photoshopped out of the chassis picture as it does appear in some interior pictures but I am convinced you are correct, electric t-box with "fake" retro lever switch inside. Thanks for the thought

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

More
20 Jun 2018 07:48 #193656 by yakuza
Replied by yakuza on topic Re:New Jimny - UK
There isn't a five speed lever either so I wouldn't conclude..

the existing transfer box has only the one shift actuator so a simple lever front to back via a wire device where the actuator is today would be easy to design.
but for a sales purpose it should be push button.
I have bought SJ's from elderly people who had never dared touch the transfer stick. A lever looks scary for some people actually.

Norway 2005 Jimny M16A VVT, 235 BFG MT, 2" Trailmaster, ARB rear lck, 17%/87% high/low gears.

More
20 Jun 2018 08:01 - 20 Jun 2018 08:44 #193657 by zukebob
Replied by zukebob on topic Re:New Jimny - UK
If by the 5 speed lever you are referring to the transmission, I would say that the rendering looks like the current transmission and the transfer case looks like the current transfer case.

As initially stated, my prediction

I started out with nothing & still have most of it left
Last edit: 20 Jun 2018 08:44 by zukebob.

• MadsV
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
20 Jun 2018 18:17 #193679 by MadsV
Replied by MadsV on topic Re:New Jimny - UK
Here is one in Chile

I can see an all grip logo there

More
20 Jun 2018 21:09 - 21 Jun 2018 09:23 #193689 by Foxtrot
Replied by Foxtrot on topic Re:New Jimny - UK

MadsV wrote: Here is one in Chile
I can see an all grip logo there

They could be using the AllGrip pro logo, I can't quite make it out? This video is quite good it explains all the different AllGrip modes

www.suzuki.co.nz/all-grip

This is on Suzukis website:
www.globalsuzuki.com/automobile/lineup/newjimny/index.html
Part time 4WD with low range transfer gear
Last edit: 21 Jun 2018 09:23 by Foxtrot.

• Caelite
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
21 Jun 2018 00:56 #193693 by Caelite
Replied by Caelite on topic Re:New Jimny - UK
I absolutely love it. I wonder with the amount of outlets calling it a baby G class if Suzuki will ever take a leaf out of Mercedes/AMGs book and bring out a 'Jimny Sport' with the 1.6T out of the wee swift and some snazzy shocks.

A guy can dream :D

More
21 Jun 2018 14:15 - 21 Jun 2018 15:22 #193709 by Foxtrot

Desiris wrote: I think the front prop is hidden behind the centre prop in the picture. There's a chassis view from a different angle in this you tube video at 0.43

If you look at the video 35 seconds in it shows the automatic gear lever and just below it there is a 4x4 selector lever?
Last edit: 21 Jun 2018 15:22 by Foxtrot.

• MadsV
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
21 Jun 2018 14:29 #193710 by MadsV
Replied by MadsV on topic Re:New Jimny - UK

The best theory yet must be that its an electric switch lever

More
21 Jun 2018 19:00 - 21 Jun 2018 20:21 #193712 by Foxtrot
On another website somebody has translated the brochure.
Here are the dimensions for your garage....:)

Jimny SIERRA ( with flared wheel arches)
L 3600 mm, a total width of 1600 mm, a total height of 1715 mm, and a wheelbase of 2250 mm.

Fuel Consumption: (Japanese version so it could be the 660cc version?)

Fuel consumption of the new "Jimny" will be 16.2 km / L for 5-speed MT

For 4-speed AT it will be 13.3 km/ L , specification from WLTP, which is the new fuel consumption standard .
Last edit: 21 Jun 2018 20:21 by Foxtrot.

More
21 Jun 2018 19:47 #193714 by helijohn
Replied by helijohn on topic Re:New Jimny - UK

mlines wrote: Whilst the purists will love it, I think the high street market would expect permanent 4WD such as an Alldrive transmission. I hope for jimny sales that they do offer that in some markets.

That is what I would want.

Do it right - use Hammerite
When the blue light is flashing I am kidding.

Time to create page: 0.218 seconds