BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Standard shock absorbers

• NineCherries
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
23 Jun 2018 13:49 #193769 by NineCherries
Replied by NineCherries on topic Re:Standard shock absorbers
A review of how they feel would be great. New shocks are on my list for some point this year. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Jul 2018 15:11 #194300 by gilburton
Interim report!!
I have eventually got round to fitting the front shocks and YES they do make a difference.
The car didn't feel bad before but now it doesn't "jar" on bumps and it feels more secure. Even my wife noticed lol
One strange effect is that a year or so ago I had new(road) tyres fitted all round. The steering started wobbling at 45/50 (not the death wobble) so I assumed it wasn't balanced properly as the car was ok on the old tyres.
I tried balancing a couple of times and I even took the weights off and put in balance beads but there was always a slight wobble between those speeds.
Since then it's gone through a couple of MOT's inc one at my local Suzuki dealer where I asked to check the front end/kingpins etc. but no problems were found.
That wobble is now gone with the fitting of the new Monroes???
I hope to get the rear ones on soon.

I started off high and worked my way down ever since :-)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.090 seconds