BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Used Jimny parts

• MadsV
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
23 May 2018 09:07 #192877 by MadsV
Used Jimny parts was created by MadsV
Does anyone know some good places to buy used parts? Like a scrapyard or choppers whatever they are called, or just buying/selling sites online.
There are some sites in Norway/Sweden but the amount of Jimnys are so low so the amount of used parts are low also.
I would guess maybe Greece, Italy or Spain etc has a lot of Jimny parts?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 May 2018 09:17 #192878 by mlines
Replied by mlines on topic Used Jimny parts
I have always believed Germany to be a good source as they have scrappage incentives for older cars combined with re-cycling targets so there are apparently number of scrapyards with parts all on shelves. However this is only a belief, not acutally experienced it.

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

More
23 May 2018 11:58 - 23 May 2018 12:00 #192879 by yakuza
Replied by yakuza on topic Used Jimny parts
I had problems with the Germans, first because they often will not send to Norway as we are not a full member of the EU (like you english as well soon) and secondly when there is a problem they do not rectify or fix it like others.
And they do not speak or choose not to understand english, especially when there is problem.
You should think that a well developed country like Germany would be a safe place to shop. I have on ebay bought from all kinds of places like China, Singapore, Australia, HongKong, Britain, Canada, US, poland, baltic, and even India, Ukraine, Jordan, Israel. I have many bad experiences with german sellers though. And mainland china. try to use UK, HongKong and US mostly.

Norwegian scrappers are mostly on one common website so we find parts easy enough but then they can all adjust their prices together and mostly it is upwards..

Edit: many scrappers from Germany export used parts too as there are many parts not allowed to use second hand. there are norwegian companys specializing in this as there is many likewise in Poland and the Baltic.

Norway 2005 Jimny M16A VVT, 235 BFG MT, 2" Trailmaster, ARB rear lck, 17%/87% high/low gears.
Last edit: 23 May 2018 12:00 by yakuza.

More
23 May 2018 19:21 - 24 May 2018 19:57 #192887 by Jezz
Replied by Jezz on topic Used Jimny parts
Yeah, We had a problem with the Germans. It started in September 1939, But by September 1945 we had sorted it out, But they have not been happy about it ever since.:laugh: :laugh: :P ;) :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :P :P B) B)

It's been fettled just a tad.
Last edit: 24 May 2018 19:57 by Jezz. Reason: spelling

More
24 May 2018 05:38 #192894 by yakuza
Replied by yakuza on topic Used Jimny parts
Maybe if they had more success we could have got rid of inches and feet and the whole world could have been metric :)

But as a Polish colleague of mine says, they suffered the consequences long into the nineties.
For those countries they where not liberated in 1945.

But we can try to forget that now after so many years i think, would be nice if you had a smiley in there :)

Norway 2005 Jimny M16A VVT, 235 BFG MT, 2" Trailmaster, ARB rear lck, 17%/87% high/low gears.

More
24 May 2018 08:05 - 24 May 2018 08:08 #192898 by Bosanek
Replied by Bosanek on topic Used Jimny parts
One common reason why trading with German sellers (especially in automotive world) is problematic is because they are rarely Germans.

Most people in the 2nd hand automotive business in Germany (2nd hand car dealers, scrap yards etc.) are run by (shady) immigrants from Ukraine, Turkey, Albania, Bulgaria, various post-Yugoslav countries, etc. etc.

Most of them have improper understanding of the German language, let alone English. And most of them are in Germany to exploit that super advanced environment, not to be exploited by it!

Beware of this fact.
Last edit: 24 May 2018 08:08 by Bosanek.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yakuza

Time to create page: 0.125 seconds