BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

tyres

• TomDK
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
01 May 2018 17:04 #192323 by TomDK
Replied by TomDK on topic tyres
Seems new MT tyres are generally favorable in this thread.

So why even consider balacing beads when it can be done properly with wheel balancing weights.
Even did it with my SilverStone Extremes. Works very well.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 May 2018 18:07 - 04 May 2018 05:24 #192324 by Max Headroom
Replied by Max Headroom on topic tyres
I've got Yoko Geolanders on mine they're the GO15 as opposed to the GO12s everyone here seems to use. (I couldn't get the GO12s but as far as I can tell these may suit my needs better as they are an 'all season' tyre).
I've been more than pleased with them; there's a bad negative camber bend on the way to work and one day I hurtled around it and to my horror saw there was a flood of deep water running across the road right on the bend - even with new tyres on I expected the worst, but instead I sailed through it quite happily.
It was certainly a big boost in my confidence with these tyres. As an ex biker I recall the days when we used to throw the standard fit Yokohamas away and fit Avons!

IF IT AINT BROKE, KEEP FIXING IT UNTIL IT IS
Last edit: 04 May 2018 05:24 by Max Headroom.

More
02 May 2018 20:20 #192342 by kirkynut
Replied by kirkynut on topic tyres

Mraz wrote: I've tried it with Airsoft BBs and didn't like it. They balanced the wheels in a matter of a few seconds, but every change of direction or bump makes them re-balance again. Not bad for highway, terrible for windy countryside roads.

Try balancing beads, rather than airsoft BB's. I've had no issues at all.

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0

Time to create page: 0.097 seconds