BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

RE: Checker Plate

• Dizzy37
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 Apr 2018 12:40 - 16 Apr 2018 12:42 #191751 by Dizzy37
Checker Plate was created by Dizzy37
Hi
I have a '03 Soft top that I am attempting to make ready for some greenlaning. I'd like to add some checker plate to the lower Pass/Drivers doors and to a dented rear door (Don't ask!). I'm worried that this will add too much weight for the hinges to manage (back door) I've managed to get hold of some 2mm C.P to make into a sump and lower bumper guard but this feels really heavy to me.

Have anyone had any experience of this I've seen 1mm advertised but can't find a supplier who actually has it.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Dizz
Last edit: 16 Apr 2018 12:42 by Dizzy37.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
16 Apr 2018 17:10 #191761 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic Checker Plate
Steel or aluminium? As for under body protection the front of a Jimny isn't really that vulnerable not like a land rover, unless you are planning on going rock bouncing?

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dizzy37

• Dizzy37
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 Apr 2018 17:42 #191766 by Dizzy37
Replied by Dizzy37 on topic Checker Plate
It was salvaged but checked with a magnet and It's ali I think so not necessary then, that's saved me a job

• Riccy
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Registered
  • J999 MNY Bashing around Carlisle
More
16 Apr 2018 18:04 #191768 by Riccy
Replied by Riccy on topic Checker Plate
My back door handles an enormous 31" spare tyre with no problems, so some alloy checker plate should be no problem, But as Lambert says, they are pretty well designed.

J999 MNY, ULYSSES M18 VVT with ITB's Dyno tested at 130hp

Pickup/tipper, R7me gearbox & 6.4 Rocklobster, 31" Toyo MT, 2x ARB air locker 3.9 diffs in braced axles, 6" total lift, Floating rear conversion, Raptor painted, CB, Recaro's, Caged, etc, etc...

www.youtube.com/user/riclemus
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dizzy37

Time to create page: 0.091 seconds