BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

''For Sale'' question

• Tony L
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
06 Apr 2018 10:36 #191371 by Tony L
''For Sale'' question was created by Tony L
There is a failed MOT, due to rust, Jimny parked up at my local garage, LA6 area and £400 o.n.o It is a red/grey VVT, same as mine. I am told by the garage owner that it is otherwise mechanically sound. Am I allowed to place this in the ''For Sale'' section as a favour to the garage owner, Jim owner (who I do not know) and possible buyers. I would expect the buyer to make a donation to the Forum. I was thinking of initial contact being made to me by PM's which I can pass on to the garage owner and he will pass to the Jim owner. Long winded I know but it is the best I can think of.
Please note that it is not the garage who is selling it. It just happens to be stuck there owing to the failed MOT.
Tony

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• mickt
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
06 Apr 2018 19:38 #191389 by mickt
Replied by mickt on topic ''For Sale'' question
Where is the rust and how extensive is it?

More
07 Apr 2018 21:34 #191435 by kirkynut
Replied by kirkynut on topic ''For Sale'' question
Send Martin (Mlines) the forum owner a PM asking him as he doesn't get chance to read every thread.

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tony L

• Tony L
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
08 Apr 2018 10:53 #191444 by Tony L
Replied by Tony L on topic ''For Sale'' question
Hi,
All I know is what I have already mentioned but can add that it is a 2006 JLX plus. I know from experience that the garage where it is laid up are very, very strict with their MOT's. I will see what else I can find out in the next few days.
Tony

• Daniel30
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
08 Apr 2018 12:01 #191447 by Daniel30
Replied by Daniel30 on topic ''For Sale'' question
Might be better just putting it on ebay then the garage can deal directly with people

• Tony L
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 Apr 2018 10:49 #191616 by Tony L
Hi,
The rust is very extensive, all of the usual places. Have had a quick look and spoken to the MOT guy. In his opinion it is repairable by an enthusiastic DIY person. 70,000 miles and recent exhaust. Regularly serviced, last was Nov. 2017 Looks tidy inside. Long sad story about the owner so will not relate here. I'm still trying to figure out how to send PM's. I think that I have discovered how to read them - on my profile?? Nearly forgot - £200 would be acceptable so that the garage can get a parking space back.
Tony

More
12 Apr 2018 17:45 #191628 by helijohn
Replied by helijohn on topic ''For Sale'' question

Tony L wrote: Hi,
The rust is very extensive, all of the usual places. Have had a quick look and spoken to the MOT guy. In his opinion it is repairable by an enthusiastic DIY person. 70,000 miles and recent exhaust. Regularly serviced, last was Nov. 2017 Looks tidy inside. Long sad story about the owner so will not relate here. I'm still trying to figure out how to send PM's. I think that I have discovered how to read them - on my profile?? Nearly forgot - £200 would be acceptable so that the garage can get a parking space back.
Tony

I am an enthusiastic DIYer and if I lived in Lancs or near where it is located I might have been tempted but there may be a lot of other problems too and TBH sometimes rot is more trouble than I can deal with.

Do it right - use Hammerite
When the blue light is flashing I am kidding.

• Riccy
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Registered
  • J999 MNY Bashing around Carlisle
More
12 Apr 2018 18:15 #191631 by Riccy
Replied by Riccy on topic ''For Sale'' question

Tony L wrote: Hi,
Tony

Lols! £200 is worth it just for the gearbox as a spare (if thats ok). If i had transport i would snap it up ;-)

J999 MNY, ULYSSES M18 VVT with ITB's Dyno tested at 130hp

Pickup/tipper, R7me gearbox & 6.4 Rocklobster, 31" Toyo MT, 2x ARB air locker 3.9 diffs in braced axles, 6" total lift, Floating rear conversion, Raptor painted, CB, Recaro's, Caged, etc, etc...

www.youtube.com/user/riclemus

• Riccy
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Registered
More
12 Apr 2018 18:20 #191632 by Riccy
to view messages use the icon in the top right corner with your profile pic and a list pops down. Where it says private messages there will be a number in (brackets) that shows how many unread messages you have. click on it and it takes you to the inbox to read. scroll down on a reading message and you can see a box to type replies...

Pickup/tipper, R7me gearbox & 6.4 Rocklobster, 31" Toyo MT, 2x ARB air locker 3.9 diffs in braced axles, 6" total lift, Floating rear conversion, Raptor painted, CB, Recaro's, Caged, etc, etc...

Attachments:

• Riccy
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Registered
More
13 Apr 2018 05:58 #191646 by Riccy
PM sent ;-) been thinking about it all night!

• Tony L
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 Apr 2018 07:11 #191651 by Tony L
PM sent to you.
Tony

• Riccy
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Registered
More
15 Apr 2018 09:45 #191717 by Riccy
Bought!

Nice to meet you Tony, top bloke! Sorry I wasnt in my Jimny.

Lovely little garage had it and were friendly and helpful. £200 no problem and its getting collected next week by Steves transport to bring it up to me :-) (bargain price of £100 to get it moved from Kirby Lonsdale up to my garage, very happy with that price as well).

For £200 I expected rust issues and its got em. Will need new sills, behind the headlights and a few other spots. back floor isnt actually all that bad so would probably pass MOT with the rear seats and belts gone. Never going to be a showroom princess, but thats not what its for.

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tony L

Time to create page: 0.154 seconds