BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

changing radio

• doddy
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
04 Apr 2018 19:08 #191294 by doddy
changing radio was created by doddy
I want to change my large standard radio on my 2007 jimny , I plan to install a standard head radio with auxiliary out put.

my question is , what can I fill the unsightly gap left by the larger radio ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Apr 2018 19:55 - 04 Apr 2018 20:23 #191295 by Max Headroom
Replied by Max Headroom on topic changing radio
Doddy - Someone here recently did that I'm sure I saw a post about it; they left it as a little 'cubby hole' for odds and ends. Quite HOW they did this Im not sure and Id like to find the same thread again

I was in Halfrauds today looking at DAB radio options, so pondering the same question really... :unsure:

EDIT:
Doddy I found it! Take a look HERE

IF IT AINT BROKE, KEEP FIXING IT UNTIL IT IS
Last edit: 04 Apr 2018 20:23 by Max Headroom.

• doddy
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
04 Apr 2018 21:07 #191298 by doddy
Replied by doddy on topic changing radio
thanks for the reply , I found a website that sells conversions for 2002 models , I may get one and butcher it

More
04 Apr 2018 21:12 #191299 by Scimike
Replied by Scimike on topic changing radio
Look at the Halford bundle deals.
I got mine fitted from them in one of these "deals" which includes a radio (Mine was Sony WX- BT900 double din), facia, harnesses and installation.
I paid £155 for this package, the facia alone would have cost me £120 via ebay (2009 Jimny), the radio is a £100 plus unit depending on supplier. Roll in the harness (£20) and fitteng ( £30) it was a good deal for me.
Worth a look to see what they are offering?
Without changing the Facia you are going to have to find a way to fill the gaps which are not straight, thanks to the curved sides of the Clarion.
Ok not sure if 2007 Jimny will be the same.

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)

More
04 Apr 2018 21:31 #191301 by Busta
Replied by Busta on topic changing radio
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configuration

More
04 Apr 2018 21:55 #191303 by Scimike
Replied by Scimike on topic changing radio
Be careful with double din items, the Jimny Clarion is not standard double din. As I said, its got curved sides, not straight.
Most Jimny parts that do not change the complete facia are for the 2011 on model, as is the above^^.
Not saying you cant make it fit:)

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)

More
05 Apr 2018 05:24 - 05 Apr 2018 05:26 #191305 by yakuza
Replied by yakuza on topic changing radio
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configuration

I bought an item like the one on ebay in link above. Not the same so you should check before you buy.
I used a 2din head unit and a fascia panel frame. With the frame in the original hole in the dash you have a more or less std 2din mounting place and can fit either a 2 din unit or two 1 din.
This should fit Most jimnys with the upgraded dash from 2005 and up. Mine is a 2005.

Norway 2005 Jimny M16A VVT, 235 BFG MT, 2" Trailmaster, ARB rear lck, 17%/87% high/low gears.
Last edit: 05 Apr 2018 05:26 by yakuza.

Time to create page: 0.127 seconds