BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

jimny wont start

• milkymoo
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 Mar 2018 11:48 #190534 by milkymoo
jimny wont start was created by milkymoo
hi there i have a 00 jimny and swapped the engine out of the donor jeep which has the same engine and was running perfect. i now have to engine in but it will turn over but getting no spark. getting loads of fuel. the check engine light does not come on at all. any ideas both jeeps where working before stripping just the engine i replaced dropped a valve

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Mar 2018 19:14 #190542 by facade
Replied by facade on topic jimny wont start
Probably one of them has both a crank and a cam sensor, and the other has just a cam sensor.

The ones with just a cam sensor have a different number of sensor teeth on the cam to the ones with both, there have been a couple of threads about it, either adding a crank sensor when there wasn't one, or changing the sensor teeth on the cam, depending upon which type of engine the car expects.

If it suddenly breaks, go back to the last thing that you did before it broke and start looking there :)

• milkymoo
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
18 Mar 2018 02:22 #190550 by milkymoo
Replied by milkymoo on topic jimny wont start
so both have only a cam sensor. have checked the ecu key and imobiliser. all working good (thought might have blown somethiing) all live and eath wires are working going to the ecu and the cam sensor and the coil packs but cant get a spark i am really baffeled :(

More
18 Mar 2018 09:18 #190558 by Jezz
Replied by Jezz on topic jimny wont start
Might be worth swapping the cam sensor over with the one from the engine you removed, Just to rule it out.

It's been fettled just a tad.

• milkymoo
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
18 Mar 2018 12:54 #190567 by milkymoo
Changed the cam sensor. No cel light on the dash. The diagnostics computer won't connect to anything in the system

• milkymoo
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
19 Mar 2018 16:49 #190605 by milkymoo
i have solved the problem it was the map sensor on the carb was faulty and upset the whole system

• mickt
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
19 Mar 2018 18:51 #190611 by mickt
Replied by mickt on topic jimny wont start
Well done. Was it luck or did you carry out a detailed investigation to pin down the culprit?

• milkymoo
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
19 Mar 2018 21:47 #190616 by milkymoo
we started unplugging sockets on the engine to see would it do anything. we were so out of ideas. still cant understand how that sensor stopped the diagnostics tool from entering anything in the jeeps on board computer

Time to create page: 0.118 seconds