BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Coolant levels???

• Dazv
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 Mar 2018 14:52 #190500 by Dazv
Coolant levels??? was created by Dazv
Hi all, I've just signed up to you're brilliant forum! I've been lurking around for a while and finding loads of information that has been very useful!
So recently I bought a 1998 jimny and I bloody love the thing as I've always wanted a car to tinker with and learn. I've already fixed an idling problem with the help of this forum and I'm chuffed to bit!
Anyway the cambelt is very vey overdue which I'm going to attemp to replace tomorrow I've got a good understanding of how it needs to be done In the jimny but does anyone have a how to guide on changing one? My next question is how much coolant does she take I bought a 5l bottle hoping it would be enough??
Any help is much appreciated
Thanks guys Darren

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Herzog
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 Mar 2018 15:09 #190501 by Herzog
Replied by Herzog on topic Coolant levels???
Hey Darren, welcome to the forum.

Not sure on changing the cambelt, but sure someone else will know.
As for the coolant I'm pretty sure the a stock Jimny coolant reservoir takes about 4.5L, don't quote me on it but im sure its about that.

Welcome again and have fun.

• Daniel30
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 Mar 2018 15:44 #190502 by Daniel30
Replied by Daniel30 on topic Coolant levels???
Welcome to the forum
Have a look here in the wiki part

www.bigjimny.com/mediawiki/index.php/Forecourt

• Dazv
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 Mar 2018 17:06 - 16 Mar 2018 17:06 #190505 by Dazv
Replied by Dazv on topic Coolant levels???
That's great thanks for the help much appreciated!
Last edit: 16 Mar 2018 17:06 by Dazv.

Time to create page: 0.086 seconds