BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Hello From a Suzi Jimny Newcomer

• Max Headroom
  • Max Headroom's Avatar Topic Author
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Registered
  • OPEN AIR MOTORING... 93 MILLION MILES OF HEADROOM
More
11 Mar 2018 06:28 - 11 Mar 2018 06:31 #190252 by Max Headroom
Hello All,

I just wanted to introduce myself here. I'm looking forward to picking up a 2006 Convertible later in the week, but thought I would get myself into the forums in anticipation.

I come from the SAAB fraternity and I'm still currently a moderator for a very popular SAAB forum, although I will be sadly saying goodbye to my 2006 SAAB convertible when I collect the Jimny.
For anyone interested, I also own a 1930s vintage MG sports car which is currently under restoration, and last April bought back a 1979 MG Midget that my dad bought for me when it was 6 months old and I was 20 years old(!) to get me off motorbikes (it didn't work - I still rode bikes for some time after :) ) I missed that Midget having sold it on 1999 and was amazed to find it on eBay last April.

My brother owned and enjoyed a 2003 Jimny O2 for some years and loved it though he has now moved on to a more conventional Suzi 4x4 car, and my Midwife neighbour owns a 2003 hard top which gets here around the rural locations during the winter.

I hope to my tenure of the Jimny is a happy one and look forward to chatting and even meeting with some of you.

Best regards,

Max Headroom

IF IT AINT BROKE, KEEP FIXING IT UNTIL IT IS
Last edit: 11 Mar 2018 06:31 by Max Headroom.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
11 Mar 2018 06:46 #190253 by Lambert
Welcome to the forum.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Max Headroom

• 1066Boy
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 Mar 2018 07:48 #190255 by 1066Boy
Replied by 1066Boy on topic Hello From a Suzi Jimny Newcomer
Welcome to the club. :)

• Max Headroom
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Registered
More
11 Mar 2018 09:47 #190263 by Max Headroom
Thanks chaps! B)

I forgot to mention that I'm based in Gloucestershire in the North Cotswolds. Any active members in my area?

• Daniel30
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 Mar 2018 09:56 #190264 by Daniel30
Replied by Daniel30 on topic Hello From a Suzi Jimny Newcomer
Welcome to the forum

Don't forget to upload some pics when you pick it up ;)

Enjoy :)

• Eskimo
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 Mar 2018 22:59 #190333 by Eskimo
Replied by Eskimo on topic Hello From a Suzi Jimny Newcomer
Hi Max, welcome to the forum.

I'm not a million miles from you as in the wilds of South Worcestershire (Vale of Evesham area). If you fancy a bit of laning I believe there are a few around your area so maybe we could meet up sometime.

More
12 Mar 2018 23:23 #190334 by helijohn
Hi there.
You won't meet a friendlier forum bunch than this lot.

Do it right - use Hammerite
When the blue light is flashing I am kidding.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Max Headroom

• Max Headroom
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Registered
More
13 Mar 2018 01:30 #190336 by Max Headroom
Further thanks to Eskimo and Helijohn for your welcoming words.

I'm often heading off to Evesham Eskimo, usually to B&Q or Halfrauds shopping for something, so our paths could easily cross. I also head over to VSCC or classic car meetings at Prescott hill climb in the warmer months.

I'm from beyond the top of Fish Hill, in the direction of Stow, so yes we're easily close enough for a meet up providing the Jimny I'm eying at the moment materialises - hopefully it will on Wednesday [fingers crossed].
The only laning I did was years ago probably in the late 80's as a passenger in a friends brand new Vitara - I was horrified at the damage he must have been doing to his shiny paintwork.
Mine is going to be my everyday drive for work so I can't afford to break anything; any laning would have to be pretty gentle, but I'm up for it in principle!

More
13 Mar 2018 07:37 #190343 by helijohn

Max Headroom wrote: I was horrified at the damage he must have been doing to his shiny paintwork.

I am the same - I get annoyed when a car door is opened into my beater and could never do what many do in some of these lanes lol
I also had a Midget, I was renovating it back in the late eighties but had to part with it round about 1992. I could only take it to work on fine days as I couldn't get under the top. lol

• Max Headroom
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Registered
More
13 Mar 2018 19:43 #190374 by Max Headroom
Well, its a small world; so you had a Midget too! Did you know this year is the 60th birthday of the Sprite & Midget? No doubt there are going to be lots of events on for the Sprite/Midgets

I've got to rebuild the brakes on it for this years events and cure a few oil leaks but essentially she seems pretty sound. As well as this I need to progress the very old original Midget that I'm restoring; the J2 Midget, as well as all that I will be wanting to get the Jimny up to standard if all goes well tomorrow.
I'm heading off to (hopefully) part ex my lovely SAAB convertible for it :ohmy:
Fingers crossed all will go well and I will be the proud owner of a Jimny by tomorrow night :woohoo:

Attachments:

More
13 Mar 2018 19:49 #190377 by helijohn

Max Headroom wrote: I'm heading off to (hopefully) part ex my lovely SAAB convertible for it :ohmy:

I thought Saab owners always remained loyal to Saab. lol

• Max Headroom
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Registered
More
13 Mar 2018 23:15 #190383 by Max Headroom
I'm as mercenary as they come, but have huge respect for Saabs - fab machines. I know I will miss it but I hope I dont regret it

Time to create page: 0.166 seconds