BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Is this Jimmy good value?

• marshall69
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
19 Feb 2018 20:40 #189482 by marshall69
Is this Jimmy good value? was created by marshall69
First Registered NOVEMBER 2012 (62 Reg)
Miles 15,000
SZ4
Automatic

£9995 (car gurus saying a fair deal albeit £318 above market price)

Does this sound about right? If so some room for bargaining? Or is a 2012 plate simply to old and should not be considered? I guess you can buy new for £15k.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Caelite
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
20 Feb 2018 01:54 #189501 by Caelite
Replied by Caelite on topic Is this Jimmy good value?
Personally I'm always weary of cars that have done <5k per year generally they have not been serviced yearly and tend to corrode more than those that have actually been moving.

I wouldn't pay the premium for silly low miles, as you say, it may be the 'market value' but it is close enough to a new car price for something 6 years old. I'd say go for a normal example with 40-70k on it and save a fair whack of cash, or go for something newer in years.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
20 Feb 2018 05:01 #189502 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic Is this Jimmy good value?
Hmmm. Zebedee isn't a year older than that with a few more thousand on and was vaguely the same sort of money. It's a matter of how clean it is underneath as much as it is about mileage and age. Without having seen it I wouldn't want to commit.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

• Daniel30
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
20 Feb 2018 09:22 #189507 by Daniel30
Replied by Daniel30 on topic Is this Jimmy good value?
I do less than 3000 a year, you could eat your dinner off the underside of it and I service it every year no matter what, I think the next person to own it will be very happy with the condition of it.

More
20 Feb 2018 16:10 #189526 by facade
Replied by facade on topic Is this Jimmy good value?
I've been looking for an auto too, about £15k new is right (whatcar reckon to aim for £14700) , pity they don't do the poverty spec. in auto anymore, alloy wheels & plastic seat covers cost the thick end of £2k :ohmy:

I was hoping to get one for sensible money- they lose 20% a year, so after 3 years they should be worth around 50% of new price, plus dealer mark-up, so I was hoping for nearer £8500, but as you say they seem ridiculously overpriced.

I was hanging on until the warmer weather brings a price drop, there may even be some discounts about when the fabled "new" Jimny appears.

If it suddenly breaks, go back to the last thing that you did before it broke and start looking there :)

• G-rae
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
20 Feb 2018 17:03 #189529 by G-rae
Replied by G-rae on topic Is this Jimmy good value?

Daniel30 wrote: I do less than 3000 a year, you could eat your dinner off the underside of it and I service it every year no matter what, I think the next person to own it will be very happy with the condition of it.

Mmmmm...........make a note to self..........keep an eye open for when Daniel30 decides to sell his Jimny...........;)

• Daniel30
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
20 Feb 2018 17:41 - 20 Feb 2018 17:43 #189531 by Daniel30
Replied by Daniel30 on topic Is this Jimmy good value?
Yep ;) ;) :D

Attachments:
Last edit: 20 Feb 2018 17:43 by Daniel30.

More
20 Feb 2018 18:52 #189539 by helijohn
Replied by helijohn on topic Is this Jimmy good value?

facade wrote: I've been looking for an auto too, .

I am watching out for an auto Jimny myself though somewhat biding my time till the 2018 Jimny is available. A two pedal is all I am interested in these days.
To my mind the autos are not related to book value. It depends on other factors apart from the book. If it was an auto I'd possibly pay whatever it takes to secure one.

Do it right - use Hammerite
When the blue light is flashing I am kidding.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
20 Feb 2018 20:12 #189543 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic Is this Jimmy good value?
Having one of each I would easily take the automatic on longer runs it's so much less frantic to drive if I just want to get somewhere. However if the object is going for a drive just to drive, then manual every time.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

Time to create page: 0.118 seconds