BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

New Jimny 2017 Tokyo Show

More
03 Dec 2018 21:41 #198596 by Gadget
Replied by Gadget on topic Re:New Jimny 2017 Tokyo Show
Ohhh that's my colour car, gimme! :D

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Dec 2018 17:22 #198746 by reedx
Replied by reedx on topic New Jimny 2017 Tokyo Show
I'd read somewhere that the first shipment of new Jimnys were already in the UK.

My dealer has just sent me a sneak peak of what they've had delivered today.

Colin

More
07 Dec 2018 17:52 #198747 by Max Headroom
I'm not even in the market for a new Jimny at all, but I still find this all quite exciting!

IF IT AINT BROKE, KEEP FIXING IT UNTIL IT IS

• Daniel30
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
07 Dec 2018 18:13 #198749 by Daniel30
Replied by Daniel30 on topic New Jimny 2017 Tokyo Show
Me too :D

More
08 Dec 2018 18:01 #198783 by Dirtbird
Replied by Dirtbird on topic New Jimny 2017 Tokyo Show
Yeah same as that

Heavy Duty Transfer Box Brackets, 2-inch Black Raptor lift kit, caster adjusters, Rust removed and stich welded new sections. Galvanised Chassis. Body,Engine,transmission swap. Anti Rollbar Roll / Sway Bar / DAVES ARB disconnect kit.Osram Night Breaker Head light mod and white 501 led side lights.

More
08 Dec 2018 18:27 #198784 by reedx
Just been to the dealers to have a look at their demo car. Lovely and feels pretty solid. They're getting it PDI'd and taxed on Monday so hopefully have a test drive next weekend. I've got an SZ4 on order and they're hoping to be able to fulfill by the middle of 2019. With the SZ5's they think they may already be into 2020.

Colin

More
09 Dec 2018 11:16 - 09 Dec 2018 11:21 #198791 by reedx
Yesterday

Colin
Last edit: 09 Dec 2018 11:21 by reedx.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Foxtrot, Bill Portland

More
09 Dec 2018 16:15 #198797 by treps
Replied by treps on topic Re:New Jimny 2017 Tokyo Show
I like the Ivory with black roof. Delivery in Sept!

More
10 Dec 2018 20:57 #198862 by kfrogzx7

I expect a lot have already seen this but the early comment about supply and demand is amazing to me !!

600 new Jimny's allocated to UK, and Suzuki have had 10K expressions of interest so no need to advertise.

That's serious demand isn't it ?

More
10 Dec 2018 23:59 #198866 by helijohn
Replied by helijohn on topic New Jimny 2017 Tokyo Show

Max Headroom wrote: I'm not even in the market for a new Jimny at all, but I still find this all quite exciting!

It is a bit and I am also not in the market for one - yet. I need to see one or two in the flesh which it seems like will be years away.

Do it right - use Hammerite
When the blue light is flashing I am kidding.

More
12 Dec 2018 13:53 #198894 by Bill Portland
Late yesterday I received an email from Suzuki GB offering me the opportunity to book a test drive in the new Jimny.

The email included a link to the Suzuki website where I could search for my chosen/nearest dealer and fill in a form with the required date and time, from and including this Monday. It's not clear whether all dealers will have their demonstrators by then, or just the one I chose, or....

I'm awaiting confirmation of my appointment.

More
12 Dec 2018 16:21 - 12 Dec 2018 22:53 #198898 by Foxtrot
Replied by Foxtrot on topic New Jimny 2017 Tokyo Show
Colin Appleyard in the North West has a Black Jimny in their show room, they are taking bookings for a test drive...:)

www.colinappleyard.com/cars-and-4x4s/new-suzuki/jimny

I asked about the Forest Green colour and got the answer below, hopefully it may be available at a later date? It must be fun at the colour naming meetings, I can remember my old BL mini was called Russet Brown, it's nick name was diarrhoea brown.:laugh:

Suzuki dealer reply
Unfortunately the Forest Green colour is not going to be available (at least not initially). Suzuki have informed us that the Jimny will be available in 6 colours: Superior White, Silky Silver, Blueish Black, Kinetic Yellow (SZ5 only), Chiffon Ivory (SZ5 only) & Brisk Blue (SZ5 only).
Last edit: 12 Dec 2018 22:53 by Foxtrot.

Time to create page: 0.221 seconds