BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

New Jimny 2017 Tokyo Show

• TaterTot
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
26 Aug 2018 13:56 #195433 by TaterTot
Replied by TaterTot on topic New Jimny 2017 Tokyo Show
This is going to become an expensive hobby. The more I get to know about the Gen4, the more I like it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Aug 2018 17:35 #195437 by helijohn
Replied by helijohn on topic New Jimny 2017 Tokyo Show
It's the TBC that worries me as I just know I won't be able to afford it unless I part with my much vaunted Celerio.:(

Do it right - use Hammerite
When the blue light is flashing I am kidding.

More
27 Aug 2018 08:22 - 27 Aug 2018 08:25 #195448 by Gadget
Replied by Gadget on topic New Jimny 2017 Tokyo Show
I'm also bubbling with excitement to get one. Being a long time LR fanboy, I'd been looking at getting a Defender, but as day to day transport they're a bit impractical. The Jimny seems the perfect pre-shrunk alternative, plus the new model has hints of all the best looking (IMO) 4x4s ever made, like the FJ80 Landcruiser and pre-bling G-wagen.

I hope Suzuki GB don't try and cash in on the pre-release hype and overprice it. In theory it should sit below the base Vitara, but I can just see a bean counter rubbing their hands together and pushing to have it priced at a premium to scalp the school run posse getting it for the looks (who then sell after 6 months once they realise what compromises come with a Kei-sized part time 4wd car).

I've already mentally spent about 3 grand on upgrades - steelies with BFG ATs, new OE front grill with 'Suzuki' on it rather than the S, winch, 2" lift kit..... :ohmy:
Last edit: 27 Aug 2018 08:25 by Gadget.

• Daniel30
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
27 Aug 2018 14:08 #195456 by Daniel30
Replied by Daniel30 on topic New Jimny 2017 Tokyo Show
All these lovely winches and lift kits would be great but that's the warranty outthe window :D

More
27 Aug 2018 15:31 #195458 by auchenblae
The thing that gets me about this forum is it is full of people who buy well secondhand Jimny's and then pontificate about what Suzuki should charge and have as standard on the new Jimny.

Guy's if you are not going to buy a new Jimny stop commenting about what Suzuki should provide and what price they should charge. That is for new buyers to talk about.

Not getting at anyone for buying an older car but just face facts if you are not going to be a Suzuki customer.

For those that will buy new the price of the car is not linked to the low spec Vitara as the Jimny is selling to a different set of punters.

We bought new Jimny’s in 1999, 2007 in that case a demonstrator and again new in November 2016.

The Jimny should not come in at the price of a low spec Vitara and those cars are sold to the PCP punter who buy the car at the at the lowest price and give it back after three years or so. These punters buy on the colour of the car and if it couples with their mobile phone.
Therefore the is no real link to those low spec Vitara’s and the Jimny as the Vitara in that case is stripped down to a very keen price to sell to price based customers.

The most inexpensive 4WD Suzuki is the Ignis which is a £13 to £14k car when you add on the 4WD.

The Swift 4WD is £16.5k, the cheapest S Cross 4WD is £17k and the cheapest Vitara 4WD is £18k all the way up to £24k for the top Spec car.

It would not take much of an expert to look at what is on the new Jimny and look at a price of £16k in the UK maybe higher due to the amount of kit on the car compared to the past model.

Most dealers had lost interest in the Jimny as it was getting too far behind other cars on it's road manners etc. This was a number of years ago.

Suzuki sell 40,000 cars in the UK a year and only 1,200 Jimny's. I reckon the new car will be popular for two years and by then the no centre Diff features and the high revving, low geared engine will return the car to its low sales base again.

eddie

16 SZ3
07 JLX+ gone 16
99 JLX gone 07
The following user(s) said Thank You: Halford

More
28 Aug 2018 12:47 #195494 by Gadget

auchenblae wrote: The thing that gets me about this forum is it is full of people who buy well secondhand Jimny's and then pontificate about what Suzuki should charge and have as standard on the new Jimny.

Guy's if you are not going to buy a new Jimny stop commenting about what Suzuki should provide and what price they should charge. That is for new buyers to talk about.

The only people talking about price seem to be those interested in buying new, so not sure what you're moaning about.

I reckon the new model will come in at just under £15k for the base model.

More
29 Aug 2018 12:32 - 29 Aug 2018 12:46 #195522 by Foxtrot
Replied by Foxtrot on topic New Jimny 2017 Tokyo Show
FYI, my local dealer has just emailed me with these details:

Thank you for registering your interest in the brand new Suzuki Jimny.

The response to the new model has been overwhelming and we have received a huge number of enquiries.

We have been advised that the first batch of cars will arrive in January. Unfortunately the numbers being shipped from Japan will be limited throughout 2019.

We are contacting you first with this information to give you the opportunity to secure an order. These orders will be controlled by Suzuki GB however we are confident that cars ordered now will be supplied during the early part of 2019.

If you would like to be one of the first in the queue you can secure your order by placing a refundable deposit. If you would like to go ahead with this, please come back to us and we will arrange for a member of our team to get in touch to discuss things in greater detail.

We will continue to forward updates with additional information as it becomes available. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to get in touch.
Last edit: 29 Aug 2018 12:46 by Foxtrot.
The following user(s) said Thank You: furo, Gadget

More
30 Aug 2018 09:06 #195556 by Gadget
Thanks for the heads-up Foxtrot, just rung my local dealer and put my deposit down, were already 6 people on the list ahead of me!

• Zee Zee Top
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
30 Aug 2018 12:00 #195561 by Zee Zee Top
Replied by Zee Zee Top on topic New Jimny 2017 Tokyo Show
I was going to wait until I saw one in the flesh but I think I better get my name down now.

More
30 Aug 2018 12:42 #195564 by Gadget
Dealer said that the deposit is refundable if you don't want to proceed once full specs are released, so nothing to lose really.

More
30 Aug 2018 12:47 #195565 by gilburton
Replied by gilburton on topic New Jimny 2017 Tokyo Show
I'll never be able to afford one but would some caution be more appropriate and wait until you know if there are any bugs to get sorted?
Just a thought lol

I started off high and worked my way down ever since :-)

• Zee Zee Top
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
30 Aug 2018 12:51 #195566 by Zee Zee Top
Replied by Zee Zee Top on topic New Jimny 2017 Tokyo Show

Gadget wrote: Dealer said that the deposit is refundable if you don't want to proceed once full specs are released, so nothing to lose really.

thanks

Time to create page: 0.218 seconds