BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Jimny O2 - buyers guide

• Szabek
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
09 Mar 2017 11:15 #179003 by Szabek
Jimny O2 - buyers guide was created by Szabek
Hi everyone,

I am new to the forum. I am planning to buy a Jimny O2, at the moment I am in the research phase.

If I could get one nice convertible, one of my childhood dream coming true finally. We had a few Suzuki in the family. (I am from Hungary , and living in the uk 12 years now..). When my dad bought his first Swift back on the date (remember, it was the eastern block and a new Swift over Hungary was the seven heaven) I got a Jimny catalog in the saloon. I got infected from the first second and after long waiting, looks like the time is here.

I started to look around on the web and a few nice example on eBay and Autotrader, only down side, everything is 200+ miles away from me.

I would be very grateful if you could give me the main things what I should check out before I buy it. I am not really worried about the engine , I know they are very reliable (my dad currently has an Ignis ,he bough it new, imported from Japan , with 260k miles in the clock now and he never ever had any problem with it).

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Mar 2017 16:58 #179076 by Casey
Replied by Casey on topic Jimny O2 - buyers guide
Hi

Main things to check are
1 wheel wobble, only way of checking this is to drive it and see (usually happens between 40 & 50 mph).
2 four wheel drive, check it is clicking in and that the light comes on.
3 have a look around for rust. Often worst behind the headlights.

Have fun.

• Szabek
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 Mar 2017 20:43 #179095 by Szabek
Replied by Szabek on topic Jimny O2 - buyers guide

Casey wrote: Hi

Main things to check are
1 wheel wobble, only way of checking this is to drive it and see (usually happens between 40 & 50 mph).
2 four wheel drive, check it is clicking in and that the light comes on.
3 have a look around for rust. Often worst behind the headlights.

Have fun.

Hi Casey,

Thank you for your response. After the tons of research I decided to go with the normal Jimny instead of the convertible. I bought one today already :)

Time to create page: 0.079 seconds