BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Spark plug tube oil seals

More
29 Nov 2016 16:15 #175063 by sj_4x4
Over time the number one plug tube is filling with oil, looking at a few drawings I suspect there is a O ring in the rocker cover to stop this, local parts place only has them listed as part of a full head set, anyone know a part number for them or can recommend a supplier ?

Thanks in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Nov 2016 17:04 #175066 by mlines
Replied by mlines on topic Spark plug tube oil seals
Yes - I supply the genuine Suzuki ones, I see that they are not advertised in the store for some reason but I will sort that

£8.75 each

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

More
30 Nov 2016 09:28 #175106 by sj_4x4
Replied by sj_4x4 on topic Spark plug tube oil seals
Thanks Martin, I'll pop the rocker off and have a look.

More
01 Dec 2016 07:21 #175139 by skywalker65
I replace the rocker cover gasket and do all 4 of the spark plug gaskets whilst your in there. Rubber hardened with age and heat. If 1 is leaking then it won't be long before the others start. It's also good workshop practice ;)

If in doubt ...... Flat out ??

More
01 Dec 2016 08:59 #175141 by facade
Replied by facade on topic Spark plug tube oil seals

skywalker65 wrote: I replace the rocker cover gasket and do all 4 of the spark plug gaskets whilst your in there. Rubber hardened with age and heat. If 1 is leaking then it won't be long before the others start. It's also good workshop practice ;)

It is if someone else is paying :laugh:

About £60 to check the tappets just replacing a few bits of rubber :evil:
Which is why checking the tappets has been on my "When I get a Round Tuit" list for many years ;) (If you don't know what a Round Tuit is- ask your grandparents)

If it suddenly breaks, go back to the last thing that you did before it broke and start looking there :)

More
05 Dec 2016 20:33 #175313 by helijohn
Replied by helijohn on topic Spark plug tube oil seals

facade wrote:

skywalker65 wrote: I replace the rocker cover gasket and do all 4 of the spark plug gaskets whilst your in there. Rubber hardened with age and heat. If 1 is leaking then it won't be long before the others start. It's also good workshop practice ;)

It is if someone else is paying :laugh: (If you don't know what a Round Tuit is- ask your grandparents)

So true.
And why fix it if it ain't broke comes to mind.

Do it right - use Hammerite
When the blue light is flashing I am kidding.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: facade

Time to create page: 0.140 seconds