BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

LED headlight...

• HolmarH
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
09 Mar 2016 08:07 #163527 by HolmarH
LED headlight... was created by HolmarH
Has anyone got a set of these?
Or maybe know anything more about them?

global.rakuten.com/en/store/suzysports/item/jb23-headlamp/

They won't ship to Iceland :(

Are they avaiable at another store :) ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Spendersjim
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
09 Mar 2016 10:45 #163536 by Spendersjim
Replied by Spendersjim on topic LED headlight...
Oooh, they're rather nice.
How does the £211 compare to the cost of new Suzuki ones.
I struggled to read the reviews :silly:

More
10 Mar 2016 01:23 #163569 by zukebob
Replied by zukebob on topic LED headlight...
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationI've only seen these on ebay:

They don't ship to the Philippines.....don't know about Iceland.

Either way, I think I like yours better.

I started out with nothing & still have most of it left

• ewanm77
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 Mar 2016 07:51 #163572 by ewanm77
Replied by ewanm77 on topic LED headlight...
I like the top ones

• HolmarH
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
05 Apr 2018 12:51 #191324 by HolmarH

• mdog18
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
05 Apr 2018 13:59 #191327 by mdog18
Replied by mdog18 on topic LED headlight...
I've only seen the aliexpress ones but these ones are really nice. Maybe ship to a friend who lives in a country that they ship to and then get your friend to ship it to iceland?

More
05 Apr 2018 19:10 #191349 by kirkynut
Replied by kirkynut on topic LED headlight...
I can't see these being better than a normal bulb for headlamp duties unless they are of the same cree types as light bars etc, then if they are they will be too bright for headlamps and blind any poor beggar coming the other way!

Just get Osram Night Breaker bulbs of similar.

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0

More
05 Apr 2018 19:16 #191351 by Max Headroom
Replied by Max Headroom on topic LED headlight...
What's that gold coloured foil under the bonnet in the last photo?

IF IT AINT BROKE, KEEP FIXING IT UNTIL IT IS

More
05 Apr 2018 21:58 #191359 by Busta
Replied by Busta on topic LED headlight...

Max Headroom wrote: What's that gold coloured foil under the bonnet in the last photo?

Tat/bling.

More
06 Apr 2018 17:33 #191385 by Max Headroom
Replied by Max Headroom on topic LED headlight...
LOOOOOL :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

IF IT AINT BROKE, KEEP FIXING IT UNTIL IT IS

More
07 Apr 2018 21:37 #191436 by kirkynut
Replied by kirkynut on topic LED headlight...

Busta wrote:

Max Headroom wrote: What's that gold coloured foil under the bonnet in the last photo?

Tat/bling.

It's sound deadening. In the wrong place though. Needs to be on the fire wall to keep the sound out of the cabin.

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0

• Stoveltramp
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
05 Oct 2019 20:06 - 05 Oct 2019 22:33 #214372 by Stoveltramp
Replied by Stoveltramp on topic LED headlight...
Just bought these headlights and although they look great on car, its only chinese crap exactly what I have expected. First of all it comes without instruction manual. It comes only with external CANbus (you dont really need it) and some pair of plastic rings (later on). Finish on the plastic parts is pretty bad. And one headlight has been damaged. Which I already knew from ebay seller. Sadly it was last pair. So he repaired it and he gave me refund 10% (52 bucks). But when package finally came, I have realized the other headlight was damaged too :angry: It was cracked on the side. Nevermind. I have put them on my car. Turn signals are ok (they have load effect, and it looks really cool) and DLR ring aswell. And here comes the worst part. Socket for the LED bulb is complete mess. H4 bulb doesnt fit (they note this type of socket on the upper side), neither H7. Both bulbs are too big for that socket. And there is no wire which holds the bulb in place. Instead you have some stupid plastic ring. After some while I have figured it out and tightened H7 bulbs (yes H7 fits best, but still not how it should be) inside headlights sockets. They hold weird and I dont know if they aim correctly. Upon headlight adjustment we were able to adjust left side, but right beam was complete mess. Then we have realized there is something wrong with that bulb. I dont know what happened on my way to service station, but right bulb is now not so bright as it should be (yes I have tried more than one bulb) and it blocks high beam. Need to figure it out, but right now Im driving with only one bulb and Im really pissed off. So I warn you, stay away from these crappy headlamps from ebay/aliexpress. Sorry for my english. Cheers

Last edit: 05 Oct 2019 22:33 by Stoveltramp.

Time to create page: 0.154 seconds