BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

engine swap to g16b queries

• TomDK
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 Nov 2014 19:50 #129150 by TomDK
Replied by TomDK on topic engine swap to g16b queries

suzukisam wrote:

TomDK wrote:

suzukisam wrote:

TomDK wrote: But why not just change the pick up cam. It is very easy to do, and there are already marks on the pick up and the cam shaft it self. I did it when I changed camshafts and head.

What do mean did you pull the part with the 2 lobes off the camshaft

and swap it with the jimny one ?
If so what did you use james mentioned a small bearing puller ?
Cheers for the help guys

Yes.
My Jimny is a 2003 RHD softtop which has the camshaft pickup ring with 2 lugs.
Some months ago the camshaft seized in the head, so I had to find a new head and camshaft. But here in Denmark we only have Jap built Jimnys with the camshaft with 11 lugs on the pickup ring.

So long story short, I used a standard puller to pull the 2 lug ring off the old ruined camshaft and put it on a new used camshaft I got from a breaker.

When you hold the two camshafts up next to eachother you'll see that it's not that hard to swap these pickup rings. But off course always make a few marks, just in case. I you want, I can take a few pics of the old camshaft and ring tomorrow :)

If you could that would be great thanks

Don't know how much help this pic is. But as you can see, there are markings on the pickup ring. And it pulls off really easy with a puller.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• suzukisam
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 Nov 2014 21:04 #129167 by suzukisam
Replied by suzukisam on topic engine swap to g16b queries
Thats a good help ive you picked a spare cam up from james so now I can get to work will definitely have a go at pulling the pick up off the 1.6 and swapping to a 11 lug one just hope they measure the same ccente hole.
Thanks for the info and pic

• suzukisam
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
31 Dec 2014 22:09 #133768 by suzukisam
Pulled pick up ring off now and pressed onto baleno camshaft , do i need to change housing or the sensor or should all be ok thanks sam

• suzukisam
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
01 Jan 2015 16:18 #133814 by suzukisam
Cheers again james : ) .

Time to create page: 0.072 seconds