BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

What did the postman bring today

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
21 Jan 2019 06:27 #201286 by Lambert
This is the joy of being a sheep farmer, anything that's a bit rough around the edges is "rustic charm" or "agricultural engineering." All sins forgiven!

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Jan 2019 08:48 - 21 Jan 2019 08:49 #201294 by Max Headroom
Heheh
We can't even get away with "agricultural engineering" on crop spraying aircraft!

The nearest I got to 'agricultural engineering' on aircraft was on military helicopters - these things were always caked in mud, sand, and goodness knows what - mostly on the inside from all the grunts climbing in and out in their muddy boots, clothes and equipment :angry:

IF IT AINT BROKE, KEEP FIXING IT UNTIL IT IS
Last edit: 21 Jan 2019 08:49 by Max Headroom.

More
21 Jan 2019 09:39 #201300 by helijohn
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationNo eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationGoing to try one of these. Should be here in a few days. Normally I don't like cordless stuff but despite having a compressor and having a decent 12v air pump I found myself using a damn foot pump the other day and that cannot happen again!

It was either this or the air hawk pro.

Do it right - use Hammerite
When the blue light is flashing I am kidding.

• Lambert
    Registered
More
21 Jan 2019 10:29 #201309 by Lambert
That's a clever idea I wonder if Makita do one?

More
21 Jan 2019 12:48 #201331 by Scimike
Aldi did one not so long ago, friend has one. You can set the required pressure and just pull the trigger, cuts out when it gets to it. Nice if you dont want any foot action. Sadly Aldi one is now sold out.

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)

More
21 Jan 2019 16:23 #201341 by Max Headroom
For me, those electrickery pumps are really good and far less hassle than a foot-pump (although strictly speaking I could do with the exercise :blush: ) but I've found the readings can be wildly inaccurate or at least vary wildly between different brands.

I found this out when I tested several different 'puffer boxes' belonging to friends, and my own 'puffer box' against a properly calibrated and tested aircraft pressure gauge; and sometimes the difference was as much as 5psi. I did this because I had a suspicion that my own pump wasn't reading accurately.
I also found that the same electrick pumps (all with digital readouts) would pump to say 20 psi several times and although the gauge would read "20psi" each time, the actual calibrated gauge could be out by 1 to 1.5 psi. on each occasion - in other words they weren't consistent.
Annoying when we always consider 'digital' as spot on.

I still use my puffer-box pump to top up tyres, but use my pencil gauge to get the final reading. Although there's still a slight discrepancy I think that's possibly ok as long as the tyres are all within a psi of where they should be

Mine is a
Halfrauds digital tyre inflator

IF IT AINT BROKE, KEEP FIXING IT UNTIL IT IS

• Riccy
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Registered
  • J999 MNY Bashing around Carlisle
More
21 Jan 2019 18:31 #201360 by Riccy
Why not go one step further and have a built in airline. This is a fancy ARB twin compressor. It sucks 40amps on full chat and can blow a tyre from 10psi to 25 in about 20 seconds. Not a cheap thing, but very good :-)

J999 MNY, ULYSSES M18 VVT with ITB's Dyno tested at 130hp

Pickup/tipper, R7me gearbox & 6.4 Rocklobster, 31" Toyo MT, 2x ARB air locker 3.9 diffs in braced axles, 6" total lift, Floating rear conversion, Raptor painted, CB, Recaro's, Caged, etc, etc...

www.youtube.com/user/riclemus
Attachments:

• Lambert
    Registered
More
21 Jan 2019 18:53 #201362 by Lambert
That could be used for tools, like a rattle gun?

• Riccy
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Registered
  • J999 MNY Bashing around Carlisle
More
21 Jan 2019 19:08 - 21 Jan 2019 19:10 #201365 by Riccy
Yep ;-)

I have an ARB 1ltr air tank (yet to find a space for it), which would increase the usefulness no end. Plans afoot for a rear mounted airline socket as well.

TBH, I have a makita 18v impact screwdriver, which does all I need more easily (with a bit adapter for the socket set, surprising what it can do). That thing weighs less than half of what the workshop rattle gun I have does as well.

J999 MNY, ULYSSES M18 VVT with ITB's Dyno tested at 130hp

Pickup/tipper, R7me gearbox & 6.4 Rocklobster, 31" Toyo MT, 2x ARB air locker 3.9 diffs in braced axles, 6" total lift, Floating rear conversion, Raptor painted, CB, Recaro's, Caged, etc, etc...

www.youtube.com/user/riclemus
Last edit: 21 Jan 2019 19:10 by Riccy.

• Lambert
    Registered
More
21 Jan 2019 19:46 #201372 by Lambert
Yeah I have a selection of that kinda thing, just wondering about the usefulness of on-board air? My old discovery had on-board mains and welder that was handy to have come with the car but would cost a fortune to install new.

More
21 Jan 2019 20:18 #201383 by helijohn

Riccy wrote: Why not go one step further and have a built in airline. ]

Got one on my 2.5 Paj; I use it to fill the air tank for the train horns.;)

Also got a Tmax which will pump anything up.:woohoo:

But the problem is I don't always want to start the vehicle to avoid flattening the battery while they are running. If I had a completely flat tyre I would then fire up the motor and use the T max or get the compressor out of the garage.

The application for the hand inflator is when a tyre is looking a bit low and needs a few pounds of air. And yes I agree, I always check the pressure with my known to be accurate pressure gauge.B)

More
24 Jan 2019 19:54 #201646 by helijohn
It came today and as usual the destructions for charging the battery are gibberish. Flashing red and green and red lights on the wall charger, charge for 3 to 5 hours, Yeah right - all back to front. I'll likely have destroyed the battery before I get to use it. I have to screw the short airline in to the gun but it is rubber not threaded.........how long will that last before it gets shredded and useless and just pops out under pressure.:dry:
Need to test it on the trailer's tyres. lol

Time to create page: 0.259 seconds