BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

What did you do to your jimny today?

• Cremator1
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
04 Feb 2019 18:43 #202569 by Cremator1
Replied by Cremator1 on topic What did you do to your jimny today
Are you using the proper 10mm square drive socket

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Feb 2019 18:55 #202572 by helijohn
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationNo eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configuration

grumyoldjoe wrote: I cant get the front filler off.

Yes a job like this calls for an air/electric impact wrench. Just thinking out loud here but have you tried something like a gas torch - you know this sort of thing

or even a mini blowtorch. Might be worth buying a blowtorch (like this just for illustration). I get a lot of use out my ones.

Do it right - use Hammerite
When the blue light is flashing I am kidding.
The following user(s) said Thank You: grumyoldjoe

More
04 Feb 2019 22:43 #202581 by yakuza

Lambert wrote: Service brakes fluid level being low will cause the hand brake to illuminate.

Disconnected all switches, still shines. Measured every signal into the cluster, works fine. Now even cut wires from ignition lock going into the cluster, still shine. Bet the damn bulb would still shine if I took it out and wacked it with a hammer..

Norway 2005 Jimny M16A VVT, 235 BFG MT, 2" Trailmaster, ARB rear lck, 17%/87% high/low gears.

More
04 Feb 2019 23:31 #202584 by Max Headroom

yakuza wrote: Bet the damn bulb would still shine if I took it out and wacked it with a hammer..

Heheh :lol: :lol:

IF IT AINT BROKE, KEEP FIXING IT UNTIL IT IS

More
05 Feb 2019 09:01 #202599 by grumyoldjoe
Cheers for the replies/suggestions.
Found an old electric hot gun for paint stripping, will set that up on heat for 15 mins and then try.
Trouble is the recess is now rounding off so all 3 10mm keys anit biting.
Bro in law has garage but he away at the moment, may wait for his return and get it up on lift and a welded bolt

Wine improves with age.
The older I get the more I like it

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
05 Feb 2019 10:13 #202600 by Lambert
I have a 12 inch pipe wrench specific for this job a stilson type with good sharp jaws. No much offers it resistance.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!
The following user(s) said Thank You: grumyoldjoe

• Don76
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
21 Feb 2019 22:52 #203628 by Don76
Replied by Don76 on topic What did you do to your jimny today
Today I crawled under looking for the cause of my wobble. Thanks to this very forum realised that I need to spend next Saturday changing kingpin bearings.

Every days a school day :)

• MrPaynterZA
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
23 Feb 2019 13:25 #203719 by MrPaynterZA
Replied by MrPaynterZA on topic What did you do to your jimny today
DIY 7" Double-Din Pioneer head unit installation on my 2019!

Was very interesting pulling apart the dash etc. as I've not seen any videos.

It was very much a figure it out experience but all went well.

• Riccy
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Registered
  • J999 MNY Bashing around Carlisle
More
23 Feb 2019 18:10 #203721 by Riccy
Fitted some wheel spacers to stop the huge tyres catching on the chassis rails, radius arms and exhaust. Worked for all that, but now I need to trim more from the arches (again! :laugh: )

and while the wheels were off some new brake pads. EBC greeenstuff as they have been getting good reviews from everyone...

J999 MNY, ULYSSES M18 VVT with ITB's Dyno tested at 130hp

Pickup/tipper, R7me gearbox & 6.4 Rocklobster, 31" Toyo MT, 2x ARB air locker 3.9 diffs in braced axles, 6" total lift, Floating rear conversion, Raptor painted, CB, Recaro's, Caged, etc, etc...

www.youtube.com/user/riclemus
Attachments:

More
23 Feb 2019 22:02 #203737 by Max Headroom
LOL its growing into a monster truck :ohmy:

More
01 Mar 2019 14:45 - 01 Mar 2019 14:51 #203970 by Max Headroom
Thanks to another BigJimny member, I found a replacement O2 sensor for reasonable money from Sparkplugs UK which I fitted today.
I'm not yet sure if this is the offending article that keeps putting my eng' management light on, but it's a start.

For anyone else with a VVT M13A vehicle, this is a DENSO DOX-0354 Lambda/Oxygen Sensor
£65 from Sparklplugs UK.
Fitting it req'd a Lambda socket which luckily I already had, but which can be found in places such as Halfrauds for a small fee.
I was worried about loosening the old one. but it gave up easily when I put a spanner on the hex at the top of the socket and gave it a small but firm clout with a lead-shot-filled hammer.
New one torqued to 29.5 lbf.ft
(354. lbf.in) (40. Nm) (three white knuckles :laugh: )

Attachments:
Last edit: 01 Mar 2019 14:51 by Max Headroom.

More
01 Mar 2019 21:43 - 01 Mar 2019 21:44 #203995 by Scimike
Not today, but just spent the week exploring the Scottish borders in our little Jimny. It did everything perfectly, munching the miles on the M6 at 60mph (it will go faster, I choose not to), and then roaming the single tracks in the borders. It was even T-Shirt sunny with breathtaking scenery, great week. Average mpg for the 1200 miles was 41.8 mpg, not too bad.
I did highlight the need for rear door mounted "brewing area", some form of fold down burner, kettle, water, teabag and cup holder device. Going to seriously have a look for a solution :laugh:

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)
Last edit: 01 Mar 2019 21:44 by Scimike.

Time to create page: 0.416 seconds