BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

What did you do to your jimny today?

• Jjbradshaw1
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 Sep 2018 13:35 #195997 by Jjbradshaw1
Replied by Jjbradshaw1 on topic Re: What did you do to your jimny today
Really pleased with it, super easy to fit it took me and a friend about 10/15 mins with no modifications necessary. Fitted some Hella rallye lights to it the other day with no issues. The quality seems very good, paintwork is tidy and it feels pretty robust. I did buy mine second hand and the gentleman I bought it off had replaced the bolts that came with it with some Torques bolts to stop it getting nicked easily which isn't a bad idea. The only thing it is missing is some rubber sheet to go between the roof and the rail itself so as not to damage the roof paint/dent the roof from tightening the rack in. I didn't have any on me and was impatient so used some laminate floor underlay cut to size, not ideal but it does the trick.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
14 Sep 2018 17:06 #196000 by Lambert
This afternoon oi ave bin mosly fytin wun ov moi kingpins too a stanstil. Grrrr!

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
14 Sep 2018 19:38 #196002 by Basketcase
Finally got the wheel bearings replaced and only after undoing all but 1 bolt on the passenger side realised on the drivers side that I don’t need to remove the hub and king pins etc just the bit with the wheel bearings in comes off....doh!! Took ages to get the steering link arm back in as when hammering it out the nut decided to mishaps and stick onto the threads:( but finally did it...one but left to tighten and 1 wheel to put back on if only my 2 year old would either help or let me do it I’d be happy!

More
15 Sep 2018 17:46 #196012 by jackonlyjack
Attachments:

• jim
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 Sep 2018 12:12 #196055 by jim
Replied by jim on topic What did you do to your jimny today
New rear monroe adventure shocks with new zinc plate bolts fitted yesterday. Engine, diff and gearbox oil changed. Passed MOT this morning with no advisories. You've got to love the jimny, I love series landrovers too but with the Jim the reliability has been very good.

• Lambert
    Registered
More
17 Sep 2018 13:58 #196057 by Lambert
New track rod ends for the tie bar.

More
17 Sep 2018 13:58 #196058 by sniper
Those recovery points look like they will cope with dragging me about...... Proper engineering them......

sniper

More
17 Sep 2018 15:25 #196062 by jackonlyjack

sniper wrote: Those recovery points look like they will cope with dragging me about...... Proper engineering them......

sniper

Thanks Pal
I need to know everyone will be safe in a recovery situation :)

Jack

• Jjbradshaw1
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
18 Sep 2018 19:22 #196100 by Jjbradshaw1
Replied by Jjbradshaw1 on topic What did you do to your jimny today
Picked up some 2016 leather seats off the Bay and fitted them to my 05 Jimny. Gave it a good hoover and cleaned all he plastics while I had the seats out too. Looks like a completely different car inside now, very happy with them. My favourite thing about Jimny is that they’ve barely changed in 18 odd years!
Attachments:

More
27 Sep 2018 18:20 #196314 by theoldseacaptain
Thought it was time to get some light into the back as it’s now dark when I get home. Not OE, but a small kitchen LED strip stuck onto the top of the rear window and wired back to the main light and switch. Barely noticeable from the outside too....

Sadly jimny-less but still got the bug!
Attachments:

• Lambert
    Registered
More
11 Oct 2018 06:19 #196649 by Lambert
Zebedee had his test yesterday. All clear apart from corroded brake lines. The ones that run on the front axle, you know the ones that provide brake fluid into the hubs. The man wasn't happy when I explained that they're actually vacuum pipes and not a tested item. #embarrassing!

More
11 Oct 2018 17:38 #196665 by jackonlyjack
Sorted out my wobble
Turned out to be my spare wheel has I had to put it on Sunday just before we hit the lanes valve issue
Put original wheel back on wobble be gone
Happy Jack :)

Time to create page: 0.467 seconds