BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Engine life of Jimny?

• Missk
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 Sep 2012 03:26 #47956 by Missk
Engine life of Jimny? was created by Missk
Hi All

I am new here and just bought my first Jimny (2008 SN413 T6). I'm wondering if anyone has any info regarding general life expectancy in km's of the Jimny engines?

Mine has done a lot, 167k and I'm told has been driven all around Australia by an older gent. It is in beautiful condition, still smells new inside and doesn't look to have been taken off-road much (if at all). I'm hoping to get at least another 100k out of it if looked after well and serviced regularly.

Would people generally suggest servicing only at the Suzuki dealer and is there anything I should do to prolong the life of my cute new car?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• ZookFastback
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 Sep 2012 03:37 #47958 by ZookFastback
Replied by ZookFastback on topic Engine life of Jimny?
I've had mine since new, 400,000 k's now and still going strong. Change oil and filters regularly, change coolant every year and keep the servicing up and you will have no probs. Strong, reliable and flexible engine that is happy to rev its' little head off :)

• VAXXi
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 Sep 2012 09:05 #47967 by VAXXi
Replied by VAXXi on topic Engine life of Jimny?
Yeah, most modern engines will well outlast the rest of the car if they're maintained properly. That means keep up with fluid and filter changes and don't use cheap/crap parts :)

• adamatdraycott
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 Sep 2012 11:24 #47969 by adamatdraycott
Replied by adamatdraycott on topic Engine life of Jimny?
Genuine filters are a must imo... small price to pay up front.

Would be interesting to know how many times its been serviced with such high mileage for its age...
Suzuki recommend 9,000Miles (14,500km) or every 9months (commonly 12 will be fine)
So to my calcs it should have been serviced 10+ times in the 3.5-4 years it has been on the road

Fair play to the guy who sat in a Jimny that much! i ache for days after an annual trip to Cornwall!

• Missk
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 Sep 2012 21:54 #48013 by Missk
Replied by Missk on topic Engine life of Jimny?
I must admit I didn't check the service history...got a bit carried away with how clean and well maintained it 'looked', and took the dealers word that it had belonged to a retired man who had taken very good care of it.

It's been in at Suzuki this week getting serviced before I pick it up and they had to repair a leaking bearing case or something? Hopefully it has been regularly serviced!!

• blakey2000
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 Sep 2012 22:20 #48019 by blakey2000
Replied by blakey2000 on topic Engine life of Jimny?
my jimny's got 200,000 + on it and its still going stong only majorish things its had replaced is the usual sensors and alternator. other then no major problems. still no major oil leaks as well. none on the engine anyway. got a small one in the rear diff seal.

• Gromit
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 Sep 2012 17:34 #48123 by Gromit
Replied by Gromit on topic Engine life of Jimny?
Mine is a 2002 with 97,800 miles on it. I change the oil & filter evry 3000 miles and it still runs and sounds really sweet :-)

• Missk
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
27 Sep 2012 00:56 #48951 by Missk
Replied by Missk on topic Engine life of Jimny?
Hmmm ok so it looks like all is not so perfect with my new car - the dealer obviously cleaned the engine before selling it (!) and there is some kind of fluid which has spurted out over the engine (it's a pale orangey colour.

My boyfriend is suggesting to change all the hoses on it - does anyone have any ideas?

Thx

• Sackgirl09
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
18 Mar 2018 07:00 #190554 by Sackgirl09
Replied by Sackgirl09 on topic Engine life of Jimny?
Wow thats impressive do you still have the jimny or if u dont how many kms did it do?

Time to create page: 0.109 seconds