BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

rocklobster

• darthloachie
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
28 Jun 2010 10:53 #3694 by darthloachie
rocklobster was created by darthloachie
If you have a rocklobster transfer box fitted does that mean as it is a transfer case from an sj that the rear propshaft is also from a sj rather than a jimny? (the propshaft on now splits apart just after the transfer box on splines)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Jun 2010 10:56 #3695 by mlines
Replied by mlines on topic Re:rocklobster
It depends on who's mounting kit you have used to mount the Rocklobster. Different kits use different solutions. I used the Offroad Armory Kit and it used the FRONT prop from an SJ as the new REAR prop

Martin

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

• darthloachie
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
28 Jun 2010 19:12 #3699 by darthloachie
Replied by darthloachie on topic Re:rocklobster
I don't know, I'll have to try to find out from the previous owner
Thanks Martin

More
29 Jun 2010 13:47 #3702 by kirkynut
Replied by kirkynut on topic Re:rocklobster
Mine is from Redacted and uses the same as Martin's!

Rob

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0

• darthloachie
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
29 Jun 2010 16:32 - 29 Jun 2010 16:43 #3707 by darthloachie
The rocklobster mounting kit was by rob storr and had been fitted before the previous owner bought it. it was at one time Stuart Bell's (see other jimnys) and it had the rocklobster on then (2008) so it has lasted a while including winch trials by the previous owner

Here are some more pics of the bits - any one know which one it is? front or back sj 413 or 410?
Attachments:
Last edit: 29 Jun 2010 16:43 by darthloachie.

• funkyjimny
    Registered
  • 2004 jimny soft top, factory hardtop, ARB bumper
More
01 Jul 2010 09:20 - 01 Jul 2010 15:39 #3713 by funkyjimny
Replied by funkyjimny on topic Re:rocklobster
Rob Storr makes the props out of a jimny prop and an SJ prop, best give him a ring 07815 182857. Hes notoriously hard to get hold of and even harder to pin down to doing a job for a particular time, but his work is absolutley A1. If you dont have any joy with Rob Storr then ring Richard Redacted (Rockwatt)(PM me for number) (and tell him i sent you) and he could make you a prop up if you give him the distance between the two flanges. I'd bet both would need you to supply some props though.

Gary
Last edit: 01 Jul 2010 15:39 by funkyjimny. Reason: Rich didnt want his phone number posted up!

• darthloachie
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
01 Jul 2010 17:29 #3714 by darthloachie
Great minds think alike! B)
spoke to Rob yesterday and the prop is boxed up and on its way to him. Will take a couple of weeks but thats ok as its just a weekend toy and I don't need it daily for work

• funkyjimny
    Registered
  • 2004 jimny soft top, factory hardtop, ARB bumper
More
01 Jul 2010 17:34 #3715 by funkyjimny
Replied by funkyjimny on topic Re:rocklobster
Yeah I'm on my second Rob Storr fitting kit for a jimny, used to have a 4:1 box in my first jimny and now have a 6:1 box in this one.Awesome !

• darthloachie
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
07 Aug 2010 17:33 #4123 by darthloachie
darthloachie wrote:

The rocklobster mounting kit was by rob storr and had been fitted before the previous owner bought it. it was at one time Stuart Bell's (see other jimnys) and it had the rocklobster on then (2008) so it has lasted a while including winch trials by the previous owner

Here are some more pics of the bits - any one know which one it is? front or back sj 413 or 410?

New propshaft is back from Rob Storr ace job

precious one !!!!
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.121 seconds