BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

shock absorbers, which are best?

• panosd
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
06 Feb 2011 14:02 #11093 by panosd
Replied by panosd on topic Re: shock absorbers, which are best?
Why don't you try OME (Old Man Emu) or rancho shocks?

OME have a more smooth response than pro-comps and they are not so stiff as them.

Tell me your height to tell you shock codes.

Also the rancho rs5000 or the rs9000xl with the last one being adjustable are an excellent choice.

I have OME's in my jimny since i start making mods and are the best for me.

My next will be rancho rs9000xl with my ride system to adjust them from inside.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Feb 2011 17:46 #11163 by Obarno
I too have OME and find them comfortable on the road and flexible off so quite impressed. I also have them on my Sammi and after about 4 yrs of use/abuse they perform just as they did when they were new! Conversely my brother has Rough Country on his Jimny and they give a much harder ride.

Manual VVT, 2 1/2" lift, ORA castor corrected arms, 2" ORA body lift, 4:1 transfer box, Uprated front shafts & CVs ERM , ARBs back & front 3.9 diffs, 6 point cage, ORA winch bumper - Superwinch EP9, ORA rear bumper, ORA axle truses, Diff guards ERM , TBR tank guard, Snorkel, Kumho KL71.30.9.50 15

More
09 Feb 2011 07:59 #11212 by mlines
Although the shop has not been up dated I can do Rough Country Shocks for £40 each + postage and packing.

Martin

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

• Monkey
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 Feb 2011 07:36 #11297 by Monkey
Replied by Monkey on topic Re: shock absorbers, which are best?
Tough Dog shocks are good, i have them on my jimny they come in many different lengths from 40mm, 60mm and 80mm, they also offer a 3 year warranty. www.4wd1.com/Jimny.htm#suspension

• bryandenham
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 Feb 2011 20:27 #11353 by bryandenham
Replied by bryandenham on topic Re: shock absorbers, which are best?
hey panosd.

what OME shocks would I need for a three inch lifted Jimny and where can I get them from.

Thanks. Bryan D

• Ranster
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 Feb 2011 17:21 #11395 by Ranster
Replied by Ranster on topic Re: shock absorbers, which are best?
Just fitted the 3" procomp ES1000 kit.
It is less stiff then my previous setup - king spring with monroe adventure HD shocks - which is less stiff then the stock setup.

• Curveking
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
09 Aug 2019 07:03 #211949 by Curveking
Replied by Curveking on topic shock absorbers, which are best?
Are Monroe Adventurer Shocks a good choice for my Jimny. Its done 2500 miles a year for 20 years and is due a set of standard length shocks. (Monroes are on offer)

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
09 Aug 2019 09:30 #211951 by Lambert
Not a bad middle range damper, will be adequate for a standard car and a vast improvement on the existing ones.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
12 Aug 2019 11:39 - 12 Aug 2019 11:48 #212052 by DAGZOOK

a18suf wrote: i need new front shock absorbers and the 2 i have seen are pro comp and trail master, i have not heard very good feed back on pro comp but trail master are £100 more, are they worth it?
i dont want to waste money on pro comp and them be pants then have to buy others.
any advice more than welcome
thanks amanda

All, I'm a newbie to this forum however I've had previous experience in using the 'Bilstein' Shock absorbers. They have a superb reputation for build quality and longevity. They make both road performance variants and Off road performance variants. Has anyone got any personal experiences with a Jimny Bilstein set up that they'd like to share?

These would be the go too for me based on my previous experience with Bilstein.
www.bilstein.com/uk/en/product/bilstein-b6-4600/

bilstein.suspensiondirect.co.uk/Suzuki-Jimny_FJ-1.3_16V_4x4.jsp
Last edit: 12 Aug 2019 11:48 by DAGZOOK.

Time to create page: 0.157 seconds