BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× Are you building a Mud Monster or a Pavement Princess??
If so you can have your own thread in this section.
This section on other websites has led to arguments and contention. People are posting pictures of their pride and joy and therefore CONSTRUCTIVE comments only please!

Ulysses

More
24 Feb 2019 23:16 #203791 by Keithy
Replied by Keithy on topic Ulysses
Cage and the snorkel can stay.....el neato matey!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Riccy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Riccy
  • Riccy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Registered
  • J999 MNY Bashing around Carlisle
More
25 Feb 2019 19:53 #203836 by Riccy
Replied by Riccy on topic Ulysses

Lambert wrote: I might be coming to you if I ever get really serious about track days and need a cage!

You havent seen the pile of scrap from getting it wrong :laugh: Also... is by no means MSA approved spec :blink:

Kiethy:

Thanks mate, it was a nightmare making the cage fit around that thing. The passenger side cage is basically a mirror so it all looks the same. Once finished it will look even hopefully :unsure:

J999 MNY, ULYSSES M18 VVT with ITB's Dyno tested at 130hp

Pickup/tipper, R7me gearbox & 6.4 Rocklobster, 31" Toyo MT, 2x ARB air locker 3.9 diffs in braced axles, 6" total lift, Floating rear conversion, Raptor painted, CB, Recaro's, Caged, etc, etc...

www.youtube.com/user/riclemus

• Daniel30
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
25 Feb 2019 21:06 #203840 by Daniel30
Replied by Daniel30 on topic Ulysses
Great work, looking really good will be a beast ;)

• Riccy
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Registered
More
03 Mar 2019 17:17 #204060 by Riccy
Replied by Riccy on topic Ulysses
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationNo eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationYay! the cage is finished (bar taking off to final weld and paint).

Finished fitting the rockslider to the driver side and welded plates/outriggers to the chassis. Rocksliders bolt onto the outriggers so the cage can be removed.
Made up another foot plate for the driver side to bolt to the roof bar bolts. Also made the bar to go above the windscreen and bars at the front wings (brush bars). The brush bars are welded to the cage, but have a bolt down plate where they meet the front bumper, again to allow the cage to be removed.

Also some of these huge wheel arches arrived this week, they will be needing a bit of trimming, but will do nicely for the back wheels:

and some of these for the floor of the pickup bed. nice and sturdy :-)

Pickup/tipper, R7me gearbox & 6.4 Rocklobster, 31" Toyo MT, 2x ARB air locker 3.9 diffs in braced axles, 6" total lift, Floating rear conversion, Raptor painted, CB, Recaro's, Caged, etc, etc...

Attachments:

More
03 Mar 2019 18:59 #204068 by gv42
Replied by gv42 on topic Ulysses
looking good, Riccy

More
03 Mar 2019 19:13 #204071 by Dirtbird
Replied by Dirtbird on topic Ulysses
Riccy going down the same route , Would a wider trailer have been better for the pick up would have given you some where to hang your mud guards.

Heavy Duty Transfer Box Brackets, 2-inch Black Raptor lift kit, caster adjusters, Rust removed and stich welded new sections. Galvanised Chassis. Body,Engine,transmission swap. Anti Rollbar Roll / Sway Bar / DAVES ARB disconnect kit.Osram Night Breaker Head light mod and white 501 led side lights.

More
03 Mar 2019 21:02 #204073 by jackonlyjack

• Riccy
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Registered
More
04 Mar 2019 06:42 #204082 by Riccy
Replied by Riccy on topic Re:Ulysses

Dirtbird wrote: Riccy going down the same route , Would a wider trailer have been better for the pick up would have given you some where to hang your mud guards.

Ooo another one! Theres a few of these pickup projects on the go at the moment. Must be fashionable :laugh:

Yes a wider trailer body would have been easier for the mud flappery situation, that one was going for free, hence making it work. It would make it sit higher if that was the case, possibly no good like that if the sides are as deep as mine.

Oh yeah, and see if you can find a trailer wider than long, pretty sure no such thing exists (other than custom made). If I had a big enough sheet steel brake bender I would probs just make a new bed from scratch.

The step sided shape of it is growing on me now, and I don’t really need a huge pickup bed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
04 Mar 2019 07:05 #204083 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic Re:Ulysses
That's brilliant!

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

• Riccy
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Registered
More
09 Mar 2019 18:00 #204357 by Riccy
Quick trial of where the new mudflaps will sit, need some serious trimming. Far too wide, but that wont matter...

Need to get the trailer body mounted up properly before messing about with them, so...

The off with the trailer body and make up a frame for it to sit on out of 40x40x2.5 box. Made some brackets for the pillow block bearings and used a weld-on gate pin for the mount into the bearing (conveniently the right size for the job)...

Next is onto making a bracket for the actuator/ram to mount to and swivel from, using measurements from the suppliers site (havent decided what size to order yet). Might even be enough room under there for a rear winch :whistle:

Would have been more progress today, except I had to change a front wheel bearing on J999MNY, only to discover the front springs are snapped now :S More expense!

Attachments:

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
09 Mar 2019 18:50 #204361 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic Re:Ulysses
Are you using a hydraulic ram or an electric linear actuator?

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

• Riccy
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Registered
More
09 Mar 2019 19:08 #204365 by Riccy

Lambert wrote: Are you using a hydraulic ram or an electric linear actuator?

one of these...

gimsonrobotics.co.uk/categories/linear-a...v-dc-linear-actuator

The following user(s) said Thank You: Lambert

Time to create page: 0.228 seconds