BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× Are you building a Mud Monster or a Pavement Princess??
If so you can have your own thread in this section.
This section on other websites has led to arguments and contention. People are posting pictures of their pride and joy and therefore CONSTRUCTIVE comments only please!

Furo's Jimny Build

More
19 Apr 2018 18:43 #191905 by furo
Replied by furo on topic Furo's Jimny Build
Thanks for the message Kirkynut, I really appreciate your input.

Yes I had read about the panhard bushes and plan to change them at some point. The wobble was very mild and then I fitted a steering damper and that has completely mitigated it - so it has dropped on my priorities for now. I'll get round to it eventually.

And thanks for the link regarding blocking the vacuum pipes, that is very helpful.

2004 Jimny Mode: General Grabber AT3s (215/75/R15); Trailmaster 2" Lift; Jimnybits Snorkel; Jimnybits Front and Rear Recovery Points; Suntop Roof Rack; AVM Manual Hubs; Stainless Steel Exhaust System (SOLD)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Oct 2018 11:57 #197001 by furo
The latest update is that I have had the rear floor cut out and sheet metal welded in, and I have made a floor from marine plywood. I also plugged my vacuum hoses several months ago.

2004 Jimny Mode: General Grabber AT3s (215/75/R15); Trailmaster 2" Lift; Jimnybits Snorkel; Jimnybits Front and Rear Recovery Points; Suntop Roof Rack; AVM Manual Hubs; Stainless Steel Exhaust System (SOLD)
Attachments:

• Riccy
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Registered
  • J999 MNY Bashing around Carlisle
More
24 Oct 2018 17:40 #197006 by Riccy
Replied by Riccy on topic Furo's Jimny Build
Love the packs on the back of the seats!

Tidy floor job also ;-)

J999 MNY, ULYSSES M18 VVT with ITB's Dyno tested at 130hp

Pickup/tipper, R7me gearbox & 6.4 Rocklobster, 31" Toyo MT, 2x ARB air locker 3.9 diffs in braced axles, 6" total lift, Floating rear conversion, Raptor painted, CB, Recaro's, Caged, etc, etc...

www.youtube.com/user/riclemus

More
25 Oct 2018 08:38 - 25 Oct 2018 08:39 #197031 by furo
Thanks Riccy! Yeah they're pretty handy, got them in an army surplus shop. First aid kit/water in one and warm clothes in the other, just in case the old girl let's me down haha.

Last edit: 25 Oct 2018 08:39 by furo.

More
03 Jun 2019 16:59 #209544 by furo
It has been an expensive time for my Jimny! I had it in for a new clutch and MOT and unfortunately it failed the MOT on a few items (kingpins, loose panhard rod, handbrake, seized brake caliper, corroded brake lines, headlight alignment). But it is sorted now and driving so much better than before! The clutch and clutch cable has made an incredible difference.

A few months ago I made a couple of small modifications - I broke the standard aerial at the car wash and replaced it with a low profile replacement from a guy in Israel! It like how it looks, and it works well. I also had my roof rack sprayed with Raptor bedliner as it needed a touch-up anyway and i was fed-up of my recovery boards scratching the paint.

Attachments:

More
20 May 2020 16:36 #222591 by X8GGY
Replied by X8GGY on topic Furo's Jimny Build
Happy to be of service sir ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: furo

More
20 May 2020 21:17 - 20 May 2020 21:30 #222611 by furo
I have finally installed diff breathers, which I had been meaning to do for ages. I got the kit from Dave (ZookBOB on ebay) and it is brilliant, and excellent customer service. I have also installed a CB radio but haven't got it to work so I need to look into that.

(deleted and reuploaded with better pictures)

Attachments:
Last edit: 20 May 2020 21:30 by furo.

More
20 May 2020 22:05 #222617 by me101
Replied by me101 on topic Furo's Jimny Build
Hi Furo, I recently fitted an Albrecht ae6110, it came as standard set to Euro I think, had to change it to UK for it to work with others. Hope this helps. Same color and similar mods to mine!

2007 Little Jim with cheap mods!
www.youtube.com/channel/UCeBDekO99Qk2aOmBmSmrI9w

More
20 May 2020 23:33 #222623 by furo
Thanks me101, I'll look into that. I also installed my antenna in a pretty homemade way, and I'm no good with electrics, so that's probably causing problems too.

Attachments:

More
21 May 2020 07:41 #222625 by me101
Replied by me101 on topic Furo's Jimny Build
Hi, mine is just on the rack (wire not fed properly yet, just goes in through door!), so should be fine.

2007 Little Jim with cheap mods!
www.youtube.com/channel/UCeBDekO99Qk2aOmBmSmrI9w
Attachments:

More
21 May 2020 16:22 #222641 by jackonlyjack

More
21 May 2020 20:40 #222647 by furo
Thanks guys! It does have a good earth connection through the base where it enters the roof. I'm not sure if the way I have connected the wire through the bolt in the base is good though, I have detailed it in this thread:

www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/6-jimny...a-placement?start=12

Any ideas would be appreciated!

Time to create page: 0.206 seconds