BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× Are you building a Mud Monster or a Pavement Princess??
If so you can have your own thread in this section.
This section on other websites has led to arguments and contention. People are posting pictures of their pride and joy and therefore CONSTRUCTIVE comments only please!

Dave's "S200KYS" Jimny 'laner Build...

• 1066Boy
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 Feb 2018 21:44 #189248 by 1066Boy
Replied by 1066Boy on topic Dave's "S200KYS" Jimny 'laner Build...
We cancel our events is its too wet. Most of our sites are farmland that is lent to the club so don't want too rip it up and not be asked back.
The topic has been locked.
  • Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
11 Feb 2018 04:26 #189255 by Lambert
That's a very responsible attitude if it's not your land or a dedicated site.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!
The following user(s) said Thank You: 1066Boy
  • 1066Boy
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 Feb 2018 10:12 #189258 by 1066Boy
Replied by 1066Boy on topic Dave's "S200KYS" Jimny 'laner Build...
We have exclusive use of 6 private sites along the Kent/Sussex boarder. If possible we only use each one once a year (twice at the most) so the ground gets a chance to recover. :)
More
20 Feb 2018 12:37 #189519 by X8GGY
Just spent a couple of cold hours under and around the Jimny checking all the bushes, props, nuts and bolts, etc, jacked the wheels up one at a time and checked for bearing play, and checked the free wheel hub and ARB air locker operation at the same time, then checked all the fluids and ended up topping up the transfer box and engine oil a little...

All ready for another 'laning trip on Sunday then, more parts of Shropshire ;)

Blog soon B)
  • Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
20 Feb 2018 20:33 #189545 by Lambert
Bit of planned maintenance never did any harm!

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!
More
23 Feb 2018 16:08 #189644 by X8GGY
I fitted a new ZookBOB product to my own Jimny today - Anti-Roll-Bar 20mm Spacers

As predicted the droplinks have straightened out (a little, I may need some bigger spacers as I'm running 5" of lift, but you can see the positive effect of fitting these!)

Before -

After -

Chuffed B)

(I'm easily pleased :lol: )
More
27 Feb 2018 14:19 #189727 by X8GGY
Sunday saw us re-visit Shropshire, South Shropshire to be precise, and parts of Staffordshire...

Here's the blog - greenlaning.blog/2018/02/27/south-shropshire-milestones/

Enjoy!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lambert, Riccy
More
21 Mar 2018 12:58 - 21 Mar 2018 13:01 #190675 by X8GGY
Bit of TLC before Sunday's greenlaning trip today...

New wiper blades so my co-pilot Alan can see where we're going! ;)

And then an oil leak from the rear diff required my attention :(

Hmmm, it appears to be coming from the bottom two diff bolts that also hold the rear axle's diff guard in place?

So I decided to take the diff guard off for a look, partly as it was full of mud and I struggled to get to the drain plug, so I unbolted the U shaped brackets that held it to the axle and then the two bottom diff bolts, making sure to get a tub underneath to catch the oil that then leaked out of the two diff bolt holes...

I could then get to the drain plug to clean it all out and drain the rest of the oil from the diff...

Yup, the diff guard is full of mud...

(the puddle of oil is just what leaked out when I had the two small boats out to get the guard off)

So, I fitted two new bolts at the bottom of the diff after dunking them in some sealant to cover the threads, and then refilled the diff...

No leaks,,, Hmmm, I suspect the diff guard getting banged offroad has loosened the bolts on the diff, so I decided not to refit it... And then...

Took the front one off too...

Okay, some of my reasoning is due to a falling out with JimnyBits - I simply don't like his business principles, but won't go into details, so I've removed nearly all their products from my jimny - but also they just fill up with mud and reduce my Jimny's ground clearance... so they're off and in the for sale section of this fine site...

Just need to check all the other fluid levels and give the Jimny the once over and we're good to go...

Ah! And having serviced the cordless chainsaw, I've also ordered a spare chain for it :)
Last edit: 21 Mar 2018 13:01 by X8GGY.
More
21 Mar 2018 16:05 #190681 by X8GGY
Oooh, I forgot... earlier in the week...

I fitted some bigger 'ZookBOB' (Me!) anti roll bar clamp spacers...

These are 40mm ones rather than the 20mm I originally made and fitted, so the droplinks are even straighter now -

I also fitted, whilst developing, a hand throttle -

It simply bolts to the bottom edge of the dashboard, and then when needed -

Folds down and you set the revs to whatever you want with the wing-nut equipped foot that sits on the accelerator pedal, thus keeping your Jim' ticking over at say 2,000 rpm to recharge the battery(ies) after a bit of winching, etc...
  • Riccy
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Registered
  • J999 MNY Bashing around Carlisle
More
22 Mar 2018 17:45 #190745 by Riccy

S200KYS wrote: Bit of TLC before Sunday's greenlaning trip today...

And then an oil leak from the rear diff required my attention :(

Hmmm, it appears to be coming from the bottom two diff bolts that also hold the rear axle's diff guard in place?

So I decided to take the diff guard off for a look, partly as it was full of mud and I struggled to get to the drain plug, so I unbolted the U shaped brackets that held it to the axle and then the two bottom diff bolts, making sure to get a tub underneath to catch the oil that then leaked out of the two diff bolt holes...

Snap! This afternoons check round has shown the same problem from the bottom two bolts on mine :angry:

J999 MNY, ULYSSES M18 VVT with ITB's Dyno tested at 130hp

Pickup/tipper, R7me gearbox & 6.4 Rocklobster, 31" Toyo MT, 2x ARB air locker 3.9 diffs in braced axles, 6" total lift, Floating rear conversion, Raptor painted, CB, Recaro's, Caged, etc, etc...

www.youtube.com/user/riclemus
More
22 Mar 2018 18:00 #190748 by maverick
I hope you and Riccy have checked your WINCHES, as we might need them up AND down Henryd!!

Jalapeño, IISY?
  • Riccy
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Registered
  • J999 MNY Bashing around Carlisle
More
22 Mar 2018 18:04 #190749 by Riccy
:evil: bring it on :sick:

J999 MNY, ULYSSES M18 VVT with ITB's Dyno tested at 130hp

Pickup/tipper, R7me gearbox & 6.4 Rocklobster, 31" Toyo MT, 2x ARB air locker 3.9 diffs in braced axles, 6" total lift, Floating rear conversion, Raptor painted, CB, Recaro's, Caged, etc, etc...

www.youtube.com/user/riclemus
Time to create page: 0.282 seconds