BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× Are you building a Mud Monster or a Pavement Princess??
If so you can have your own thread in this section.
This section on other websites has led to arguments and contention. People are posting pictures of their pride and joy and therefore CONSTRUCTIVE comments only please!

Dave's "S200KYS" Jimny 'laner Build...

More
24 Jun 2019 19:41 - 24 Jun 2019 20:51 #210280 by X8GGY
Out again yesterday - Sunday the 23rd of June - around the Peak District ...

Gathered at McDonald's (L-R) - Me, Brett, Jack Only Jack, Sniper

More photos in an album on Facebook if we're friends...
Attachments:
Last edit: 24 Jun 2019 20:51 by X8GGY.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lambert, jackonlyjack, sniper, stiffsteve204me, Reason2doubt
The topic has been locked.
More
24 Jun 2019 21:09 - 24 Jun 2019 21:13 #210287 by X8GGY
And a video ;)

Well done to our own "Sniper" in the silver Jimny! B)

And Jack-Only-Jack who's on open diffs in the red Jimny! ;)
Last edit: 24 Jun 2019 21:13 by X8GGY.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jackonlyjack, sniper
  • Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
25 Jun 2019 04:21 #210294 by Lambert
Looks like fun!

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!
More
10 Jul 2019 21:04 #210866 by X8GGY
Bit of prep / TLC for the weekend today...

The nice folks over at JimnyBits had sent me a second locknut for my front panhard rod, as it keeps coming loose with articulation / twisting and that then causes a bit of a wobble when the threaded end moves in and out a little...

So I had to cut the mounting bolt off as it was seized and then add the second nut to lock everything in place... hopefully ;)

Then...

Miracle or 'snake-oil'...?

Blimey! The old girl comes up well! Painted the sidebars, waxed with the T-Cut scratch filler, tyre black, back-to-black, windows cleaned, hoovered, seats cleaned... looks like a new one!

I just hope Brett doesn't lead us anywhere tight and scratchy or muddy this weekend... our annual pilgrimage to the Lake District :evil:
Attachments:
More
16 Jul 2019 07:31 #211113 by X8GGY
We just had a great weekend greenlaning in the Lake District!,,,

Left to Right - Riccy;s awesome new Ulysses Pickup, me, Brett, Dave S Tate's Camo Jimny (note the nice roofrack>)

Third 'lane of the day,,, there it goes! :(

Breasthigh Road ahead!

Down the other side...

A full day / 25 lanes driven... and oir "usual" home for the night, the Blacksmith's Arms in Talkin, great meal, a few ints, a good nights sleep and a cooked breakfast later,,,

And the following morning were joined by Adam and Phil in the silver Jimny,,,

And at the end of the day the front panhard rod gave yo, the threaded section had gone causing Zonbie-strength Death Wobble, so the others had to do the last three 'lanes without me as I limped to an A-road and at 5:50pm I rang for recovery... 2 hours kater truck #1 turned up....

At around ten o'clock they dropped me in Lancaster Services on the M6... the next flatbed lorry turned up THREE hours later at just gone one in the morning,, I eventually got home at 3:20am... :(

Loads more photos in my Facebook album, here - www.facebook.com/dave.jones.7921975/medi...3271092442037&type=3
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Reason2doubt
More
16 Jul 2019 07:39 #211114 by stiffsteve204me
What an excellent weekend. (Well, most of it. :whistle: )

My wife and I had lunch at that pub, when we were down that way in May. Good food, and Real Ale. :cheer:

Steve.

“He that strikes the venison first shall be the lord o' the feast.” — Shakespeare, King Lear.
  • Lambert
    Registered
More
16 Jul 2019 08:33 #211115 by Lambert
Looks like you had an exciting time! How much damage did removing the rack do? And is the rod salvagable or a replacement? Is it connected to having to fit the double lock nuts?

More
16 Jul 2019 11:41 - 16 Jul 2019 11:41 #211125 by X8GGY

stiffsteve204me wrote: What an excellent weekend. (Well, most of it. :whistle: )

My wife and I had lunch at that pub, when we were down that way in May. Good food, and Real Ale. :cheer:

Steve.

Indeed, a fine pub, it's our third year staying over there and they're always very welcoming! Excellent value too :)

Lambert wrote: Looks like you had an exciting time! How much damage did removing the rack do? And is the rod salvagable or a replacement? Is it connected to having to fit the double lock nuts?

"Gaardening Lane" (Riccy posted a YouTube video last week) is very T&S (Tight & Scratchy)... I just push through with my roof protection bars (and Brett, he just goes for it!) but Dave S Tate's Jimny took the hit! He put the waffle boards in the back of his Jim', but the roofrack was a gonna so we disposed of it in an industrial bin...

I have got a front HD (non-adjustable) panhard rod in the garage for the buggy project that on Sunday I was thinking I'll steal that, but then I'd still have to buy another, so as things are a little tight at the moment I think the existing panhard will be welded up, take the knackered thread out of the equarion :lol:
Last edit: 16 Jul 2019 11:41 by X8GGY.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lambert
  • Riccy
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Registered
  • J999 MNY Bashing around Carlisle
More
16 Jul 2019 17:50 #211134 by Riccy
Top photo's Dave B)

Great to see you again as well mate ;-)

J999 MNY, ULYSSES M18 VVT with ITB's Dyno tested at 130hp

Pickup/tipper, R7me gearbox & 6.4 Rocklobster, 31" Toyo MT, 2x ARB air locker 3.9 diffs in braced axles, 6" total lift, Floating rear conversion, Raptor painted, CB, Recaro's, Caged, etc, etc...

www.youtube.com/user/riclemus
More
17 Jul 2019 08:13 #211169 by X8GGY
Thanks Riccy ;)

Great to see you too, and that awesome pickup! B)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Riccy
  • Bits4Vits
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
24 Jul 2019 21:45 - 24 Jul 2019 21:48 #211453 by Bits4Vits
Replied by Bits4Vits on topic Dave's "S200KYS" Jimny 'laner Build...
After getting recovered at the end of the lake district weekend -

Today was the day for repairs...

I started by fitting a replacement driver's door mirror :silly:

And then some replacemnt heko wind deflectors to the front door windows...

And then... Remember this before the les's trip> -

A little crack in the chassis rail just before the panhard mount?

Hmmm, when i disappeared under the imny this morning to fix the panhard rod, i discovered...

Blummi' heck! No wonder i had experienced the "zombie" deat wobbles!...

The panhard rod bracket was only attached by 2 of 6 side welds, the others had all torn away (very reminiscent of brett;s same problem on the northumberland trip>!_

I started by thinking i could just prepare the surfaces and weld it back on...? But looking at the chassis tears, i figured it was better to,,,

Rip the whole thing off and start again?!

So i cut some $2x2" box to a 6" length and then cut it "in half" to make an l-shaped piece to plate the chasis damage and to also allow me to weld the panhard bracket to it on the bench...

I also fitted 5mm steel pieces around the panhard rod mounting holes as they had become oval shaped...

I then welded the l-shaped repair patch to te chassis, and puddle welded it in three places around the mount, rather than just welding the edges of the repair patch...

All finished with black smoothrite paint for now...

Sunday will see it allpainted in a second coat, the brake lines relocated back, and a replacement panhard rod fitted...
Attachments:
Last edit: 24 Jul 2019 21:48 by Bits4Vits.
  • Lambert
    Registered
More
25 Jul 2019 04:33 #211456 by Lambert
Wow! That's quite a stress failure. It would also explain some of how the thread inside the bar was fretted away. Lucky you weren't on a transition section of high speed tarmac, that wouldn't have been good!

Time to create page: 0.268 seconds