BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× Are you building a Mud Monster or a Pavement Princess??
If so you can have your own thread in this section.
This section on other websites has led to arguments and contention. People are posting pictures of their pride and joy and therefore CONSTRUCTIVE comments only please!

Dave's "S200KYS" Jimny 'laner Build...

More
20 May 2018 11:31 #192819 by X8GGY
Attachments:
The topic has been locked.
More
20 May 2018 12:23 #192820 by j999pre
I could have got you some hubs lol

Gold Jimny the best colour (sold) :(

Big red Jimny 32" tyres, arbs, cage 5:1 transfer etc. (Sold)

Grey pick up Jimny
Turbo m13a, arbs, floating rear shafts, disc conversion rear, vented front conversion. 245 70 16. Winch, 3" lift, 4:16 trans hd shafts and CVS
More
20 May 2018 12:27 #192821 by X8GGY
Free Wheel Hubs? Ironically Raptor4x4 has the best price...they’re normally dear I find...

Or axle hubs? I could do with having a spare pair of hubs fitted with new bearings sat in the garage ready for next time, like Brett does...

Have you got a pair of ABS hubs in?

Just having a cuppa before finishing off the offside front...
More
20 May 2018 13:54 - 20 May 2018 13:55 #192824 by X8GGY
Offside all reassembled :)

And new Trail Gear front brake hoses fitted -

Next then? Bleed the brakes? Fill the diffs with oil?

Nah! Cuppa first ;) :lol:
Attachments:
Last edit: 20 May 2018 13:55 by X8GGY.
More
20 May 2018 16:29 - 20 May 2018 17:12 #192825 by X8GGY
Hmmm... I was scratching my head and searching for ages for the offside front caliper bolts? I’d put everything carefully in a tin as I was stripping it all down, so I couldn’t understand how I’d lost them?...

Went for a test drive after finding some replacements, and...

D’Oh! In the instruments! I’d taken the caliper off before calling the RAC for recovery!!! LOL Oh Well!

Hmmm, I’ve got the ABS warning light on though? Have to look at that during the week... All seemed well apart from that on the test drive though :)

Off for a beer and a shower and celebrate our 29th Wedding Anniversary:)
Attachments:
Last edit: 20 May 2018 17:12 by X8GGY.
  • Daniel30
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
20 May 2018 16:45 #192826 by Daniel30
Replied by Daniel30 on topic Dave's "S200KYS" Jimny 'laner Build...
Sounds like you need it after all that Dave, happy anniversary ;)
More
20 May 2018 17:21 #192828 by X8GGY
Thanks Dan’ ;)

Yes, quite chuffed, never done my own brakes before, always had the local garage do them, but figured I’d save on the labour, so rebuilt the cslipers and bled the brakes on my own... some silicon hose and an empty pop bottle!

Now sat in the garden with a magnum of Prosecco and the log burner on and some nibbles for starters...
  • Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
21 May 2018 04:19 #192833 by Lambert
Good man, it's always satisfying to develop a new skill!

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!
More
21 May 2018 09:42 #192837 by kirkynut
I'm glad you've done your own brakes Dave. There's not a lot to it and you can see any leaks.

Bleeding isn't tricky. The only thing I haven't done yet is making up my own brake pipes but I ought to sort that out!

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0
More
21 May 2018 09:57 #192838 by X8GGY
Thanks Lambert ;)

And Kirkynut ;)

Yes, chuffed and saved some money too!

Bearing press next methinks?
More
21 May 2018 10:25 #192839 by maverick
I've always considered getting a PRESS for home usage ... If you find a decent one that's suitable for our Rear Shafts and Front Hubs, let me know (maybe they can reduce cost for TWO???)

Normally, Mr. A. Grinder comes out to grind off the ABS Collar and Bearing, but only today I have found a local Community project called Shedheads. They have my two duff Rear Shafts with worn out bearings and decent ABS Collars "pressed" on. I asked them if they can heat up the AB collar and tap it off (then its re-useable) and maybe het up duff bearing and get that off too??? Then it'll be a trip to my friendly garage (they have a press) to pay them £10 a shaft to press bearing and ABS collar back on??? But IF i had a press, that would save me about £50 a year ...

Jalapeño, IISY?
More
21 May 2018 13:03 #192840 by theoldseacaptain
Recently bought the same calipers - they came out of the box with no lubricant at all on the slider pins, so may be worth checking yours if you haven’t already greased them up!

Sadly jimny-less but still got the bug!
Time to create page: 0.242 seconds