BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× An area for non Suzuki Jimny related chat. Keep it clean etc. as this is a public forum with young readers.

Inspiration, motivation, drive, stamina..

More
06 Oct 2017 08:49 #184895 by yakuza
I need some for my project in my shed/garage.. I seem to be very good at deconstruction, taking stuff apart and spreading them around my floor. How to get my behind up and about doing the stuff i should be doing i do not know..
And the Jimny which i bought with the intent of just having for a daily driver now receives way too much attention.

If only I could go to the store and buy it, or just flick the "get up and go switch".

Not that i do nothing, but keeping a tidy place and systematically working my way through welding and fabrication is not my strong point.
it's not that i do not know how to, i done it all before on other cars but now that i got my project in pieces the progress is lousy.
Family, other hobbies, gardening, house from 1934 also takes up my time.. Priorities.

Maybe set one day a week or two to be project night.

How do you do it?

Norway 2005 Jimny M16A VVT, 235 BFG MT, 2" Trailmaster, ARB rear lck, 17%/87% high/low gears.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
06 Oct 2017 12:32 #184907 by Lambert
By having fixed immovable deadlines, that's the only way I can get something sorted .

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

• Wokka
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
06 Oct 2017 17:04 #184911 by Wokka
Replied by Wokka on topic Inspiration, motivation, drive, stamina..
I don't have a tv
I fly internationally almost weekly for work
I deal with immovable deadlines on a daily basis
I still struggle with projects

• Riccy
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Registered
  • J999 MNY Bashing around Carlisle
More
06 Oct 2017 17:38 #184912 by Riccy
ask the apprentice to pickup a bucket of inspiration, motivation, etc? :laugh:

Im an electrician, so frequently ask them to get some 'Fallopian tubes' for the lights. Surprising what they come back with ;-)

J999 MNY, ULYSSES M18 VVT with ITB's Dyno tested at 130hp

Pickup/tipper, R7me gearbox & 6.4 Rocklobster, 31" Toyo MT, 2x ARB air locker 3.9 diffs in braced axles, 6" total lift, Floating rear conversion, Raptor painted, CB, Recaro's, Caged, etc, etc...

www.youtube.com/user/riclemus

• Wokka
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
06 Oct 2017 17:44 #184913 by Wokka
Next time, ask them to get a 9 inch population tool

• Lambert
    Registered
More
06 Oct 2017 19:30 #184922 by Lambert
Being sent to the stores manager and asking for the long stand....
Being told to ring up the motor factor and ask for a radiator for a 1968 vw beetle....

• Wokka
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
06 Oct 2017 21:15 #184930 by Wokka
The long weight is a classic.
Right up there with striped paint

• MadsV
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
06 Oct 2017 21:39 #184932 by MadsV
I work with cars everyday, so motivation to work on my own on my free time isnt always there. That beeing said I don’t have any kids yet, I live in a two year old apartment, and my partner studies in the neighbour city and lives there mon-friday so I dont have much to do after work so often I work on my cars. Having a big shop with all equipment available makes things a bit easier ofcourse. :)

• Lambert
    Registered
More
07 Oct 2017 06:23 #184939 by Lambert
That sounds idyllic it really does, a fully equipped shop and no one nagging to come in and watch drivel on tv.

• ZookFastback
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
08 Oct 2017 02:47 #184966 by ZookFastback
Replied by ZookFastback on topic Re:Inspiration, motivation, drive, stamina..
At the Post Office, we used to send them over to the ANZ bank across the road for a "Form for a Verbal Agreement" and they used to send their newbies over for a "Long Weight" and would give them a small, round weight to Exchange. We'd take the round weight and ask them to go over into the corner and stay awhile, usually until they "Woke up" to what was going on. :D

More
08 Oct 2017 07:14 #184969 by yakuza
Same all over the world this with newbies and apprentices i guess. "go get some elbow grease" or "sledgehammer grease" actually installed a grease nipple on a nylon sledgehammer here at work just for kicks..

Norway 2005 Jimny M16A VVT, 235 BFG MT, 2" Trailmaster, ARB rear lck, 17%/87% high/low gears.

More
08 Oct 2017 07:20 - 08 Oct 2017 07:21 #184970 by yakuza

MadsV wrote: I work with cars everyday, so motivation to work on my own on my free time isnt always there. That beeing said I don’t have any kids yet, I live in a two year old apartment, and my partner studies in the neighbour city and lives there mon-friday so I dont have much to do after work so often I work on my cars. Having a big shop with all equipment available makes things a bit easier ofcourse. :)

I have some friends in the same situation. some rent space in a workshop also. They also get friends and collegues around making it like a club house where there is always something happening.
It sure helps on the project progress.

But regarding the kids, i got alot done when the kids where small.
Not so much now when they are older and more or less self sustained for some reason..

Last edit: 08 Oct 2017 07:21 by yakuza.

Time to create page: 0.159 seconds