BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× An area for non Suzuki Jimny related chat. Keep it clean etc. as this is a public forum with young readers.

Remote locking

More
08 Apr 2017 21:04 - 30 Jul 2017 21:00 #180076 by helijohn
Celerio was created by helijohn
Picked up my latest Suzuki just a week ago. Just got it in time for the zero road fund deadline in April.The problem for me was that I wanted auto and just about every other auto vehicle does not have zero road fund. Also it has a surprisingly high seating position. Did a brim test and it's getting just over 60mpg.

Image removed as a result of the robbing photobucket.

Do it right - use Hammerite
When the blue light is flashing I am kidding.
Attachments:
Last edit: 30 Jul 2017 21:00 by helijohn.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Apr 2017 00:42 #180078 by zukebob
Replied by zukebob on topic Celerio
I like it.

I started out with nothing & still have most of it left
The following user(s) said Thank You: helijohn

• ZookFastback
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
09 Apr 2017 01:34 #180079 by ZookFastback
Replied by ZookFastback on topic Celerio
I bought my new Suzuki Celerio on April 14th 2016. It has the CVT transmission which is brilliant once you work your head around it. The car uses a bit under 5 litres/100 kilometres. I've done 34,000 K's with a week to go until it is 1 year old :woohoo:

I've fitted a Bosal Towbar and share a small trailer with the Jimny. The trailer weighs 80kgs and is a tipper and fully galvanised.

More
09 Apr 2017 06:19 - 09 Apr 2017 06:20 #180081 by helijohn
Replied by helijohn on topic Celerio

ZookFastback wrote: I bought my new Suzuki Celerio on April 14th 2016.

Ooooh, nice. What tyres do you have on it? I am already looking at wider ones 185 65 14.
Mine has the AGS system, a little brainbox on top of the clutch, and it takes a while to get my head round it. It is thanks to this that the auto keeps the car as free road tax. There is a slight lag as it changes from first to second but I reckon once I have got a few more miles on it I can keep my foot down and it will cut back on the lag.
Did you actually fit the towbar yourself? It is on my list of jobs to do so I was wondering what is involved.
My only real criticism is the road/tyre noise. Certain surfaces bring on a really bad drumming noise so I have started to slap some Tetroseal on it underneath. I chose Tetroseal because of its sound deadening properties. It is a job I am sick of doing on cars and TBH didn't expect to have to do it to a new car but OMG what I have found since going underneath is a pretty poor show from Suzuki so I am glad I am doing it. I wonder if all new cars from them are like this or is it just the Celerio in order to keep costs down. Some parts of the underbody show only an undercoat. A lot more more parts show just the red paint and a precious few parts show a form of sound deadening underseal. Two places are notably bad; the first is the transmission tunnel which is almost devoid of anything and the second is the spare wheel well which resonates like a dinner gong in a hotel - but not any more.
There is a bit of tin to protect the fuel tank from exhaust heat and it pings like a musical chime in the wind. But not any more.
I am hoping that by the time I have coated the underside and done all wheel arches any resonance will be cut down to a minimum.
Martin tells me he can get spares for this which will be a blessing.

Last edit: 09 Apr 2017 06:20 by helijohn.

• ZookFastback
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
09 Apr 2017 06:54 #180082 by ZookFastback
Replied by ZookFastback on topic Celerio
I got my towbar from this mob---> www.pfjones.co.uk/tow-bars-and-wiring/to...celerio-towbars.html and paid 130 pound to have it sent to Oz as they don't sell them for Suzuki here. Peers Motors Pinnaroo in South Australia fitted it for $145 and about 1 1/2 hours wait. :whistle:

I will be changing tyres if these originals ever wear out :blink: as the speedo is out 8% and will fit to correct that. Thinking 175/55 14" but will firm it up at the last moment. The skinny tyres are great in the wet, i've been impressed with them.

Paintwork: I chose the pearly White because the undercoat is white too and you don't notice as much that the Paint is only on the visible parts, even under the bonnet only has undercoat which is about as mean and miserable as anything I have ever come across. But then, this is the cheapest car for sale in Australia, the most economical car in Australia and although the Thailand Build quality is quite good, it is obviously built down to a price. Weighs a mere 860kgs for the CVT version.

I do love the Bluetooth, controls on Steering wheel, USB port to charge or plug usb stick in to play music as I am many hundreds of kilometres from FM Radio Stations.

Noise on stoned bitumen is deplorable but all other surfaces and off-road on dirt or gravel is quite acceptable.

Mine cost $13,100.00 AUD "Drive away, no more to pay" and I am very happy with the little car. :D

More
09 Apr 2017 06:55 #180083 by gilburton
Replied by gilburton on topic Celerio
Just had a look at towing weights and Parkers lists it as 400kg braked but no listing for unbraked?

I started off high and worked my way down ever since :-)

More
09 Apr 2017 07:37 #180084 by helijohn

ZookFastback wrote: I got my towbar from this mob---> www.pfjones.co.uk/tow-bars-and-wiring/to...celerio-towbars.html and paid 130 pound to have it sent to Oz as they don't sell them for Suzuki here. Peers Motors Pinnaroo in South Australia fitted it for $145 and about 1 1/2 hours wait. :whistle:

I will be changing tyres if these originals ever wear out :blink: as the speedo is out 8% and will fit to correct that. Thinking 175/55 14" but will firm it up at the last moment. The skinny tyres are great in the wet, i've been impressed with them.

Paintwork: I chose the pearly White because the undercoat is white too and you don't notice as much that the Paint is only on the visible parts, even under the bonnet only has undercoat which is about as mean and miserable as anything I have ever come across. But then, this is the cheapest car for sale in Australia, the most economical car in Australia and although the Thailand Build quality is quite good, it is obviously built down to a price. Weighs a mere 860kgs for the CVT version.

I do love the Bluetooth, controls on Steering wheel, USB port to charge or plug usb stick in to play music as I am many hundreds of kilometres from FM Radio Stations.

Noise on stoned bitumen is deplorable but all other surfaces and off-road on dirt or gravel is quite acceptable.

Mine cost $13,100.00 AUD "Drive away, no more to pay" and I am very happy with the little car. :D

Yes I am getting an 8% over read on the speedo. 70mph in the road is 75 on the clock.
Have you seen this? There is a bit about tyres and he fitted 185 65 14. Fitting this size (still 65 aspect) alters the speedo by 4% so my thinking is it will get the speed reading nearer to accurate.
gearheads.in/showthread.php?22827-Maruti...al-Exhaustive-Review

gearheads.in/showthread.php?22827-Maruti...al-Exhaustive-Review

I am sure that with a ton of underbody coating the stone bitumen noise will all but disappear. Also getting a bigger tyre will help. I started coating at the rear end for a couple of reasons. First there are a lot more "boomy" steel panels there and second it is always that area that has been bad in the used cars I have treated in the past. I don't want to pre empt my results but SWOM said it sounded quieter already and I tend to agree. Once the drumming effect is dampened even just by changing the car's harmonics (it reminds me of a banjo head lol) it could be a quiet as any other low priced car. It really is just like a biscuit tin underneath.
At first I struggled to get comfortable. I am 6' 1" tall and I read that this car has loads of room for taller people. However my height is all from long legs and I found myself literally cramped up. So I have fitted some 3" seat extenders and WOW the difference is night and day so now I am comfortable I am enjoying the ride much better.
I have found the build quality to be excellent and haven't noticed any lack of paint in the bonnet area. I will take a good look today now you have mentioned it.
I wonder if the bumper has to be removed to fit the towbar. Thanks for the link.
I just need to get some power wire from the battery into the cab to run things like a temp gauge, voltmeter and supplementary horn. I think I have found a place to do that.

I paid an extra £800 to get the SZ4 as it is the only version that has the automatic but it comes with the nice alloys, the electric rear windows, electric mirrors and a 4 speaker system (wasted on me as I don't have the ICE on.
And the Aircon is superb.

Attachments:

More
09 Apr 2017 07:43 #180085 by helijohn

gilburton wrote: Just had a look at towing weights and Parkers lists it as 400kg braked but no listing for unbraked?

There is something in the handbook which addresses that and I think it says it without brake. I can either fit a towbar to this or my Junior and I am having to make a decision. If only my Junior was zero road tax too.:sick:

The handbook states not to tow until after 600 miles from new so that's gonna be a few months away anyway.

More
22 Apr 2017 20:56 #180497 by helijohn
Forgot to update. I got Goodyear 185 65 tyres and WOW, what a difference it has made to the noise.
Just done a round trip of 300 miles and got 60 mpg.
The little motor goes like a little rocket.

More
24 Apr 2017 12:15 #180525 by Rhinoman
Replied by Rhinoman on topic Celerio

helijohn wrote: Forgot to update. I got Goodyear 185 65 tyres and WOW, what a difference it has made to the noise.

Presumably you mean that it is now quieter? which Goodyear tyres and what were the originals?

Some Suzukis and a bunch of motorcycles.

More
24 Apr 2017 19:21 #180535 by helijohn

Rhinoman wrote: Presumably you mean that it is now quieter?

Yes very.
The originals were Bridgestone ecopias and the Goodyears are efficientgrip.

More
24 Apr 2017 19:23 #180536 by helijohn
I was considering fitting a towbar but I have decided to fit a towbar to my Junior instead.

Time to create page: 0.163 seconds