BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× An area for non Suzuki Jimny related chat. Keep it clean etc. as this is a public forum with young readers.

New road tax from March

More
24 Feb 2017 00:20 - 24 Feb 2017 00:21 #178453 by gilburton
I see a non Suzuki garage near me has started a "buy now before the new road tax in March" campaign lol
I expect some people are going to have a shock in March. (only for new cars)

I started off high and worked my way down ever since :-)
Last edit: 24 Feb 2017 00:21 by gilburton.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Zee Zee Top
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
24 Feb 2017 14:49 #178470 by Zee Zee Top
Replied by Zee Zee Top on topic New road tax from March
Yes, yet another substantial change. I wondered how long the government could survive with the old generous tax system for the clean cars - not that we have to worry about that.

More
24 Feb 2017 15:17 #178473 by gilburton
Replied by gilburton on topic New road tax from March
I expect there will be a push to sell pre registered cars. Most average cars will be £140 which is app where the road tax would have been if it had carried on.
They are supposed to be ring fencing it for the roads but wasn't that the original idea of road tax before it became an excise duty?? lol

I started off high and worked my way down ever since :-)

More
17 Mar 2017 07:42 #179314 by helijohn
Replied by helijohn on topic New road tax from March

gilburton wrote: I see a non Suzuki garage near me has started a "buy now before the new road tax in March" campaign lol
I expect some people are going to have a shock in March. (only for new cars)

I suppose I should blame you.:angry: :laugh: :laugh: Thanks to this topic I have ended up buying another Suzuki which I think is number eight or nine since about 1984.
The reason being I wanted a zero road fund vehicle and in auto (it's almost an oxymoron) and something more manageable and not another little 4x4.
I liked my LJ80, loved my SJ413 but fell out of love with my Jimny.

Do it right - use Hammerite
When the blue light is flashing I am kidding.

More
02 Apr 2017 22:25 #179857 by helijohn
And here it is - zero road tax and all.

Attachments:

• Daniel30
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
02 Apr 2017 22:27 #179858 by Daniel30
Replied by Daniel30 on topic New road tax from March
Very nice good colour choice B) B)

More
02 Apr 2017 22:58 #179859 by helijohn

Daniel30 wrote: Very nice good colour choice B) B)

Lol, They wanted me to buy a Jimny..:ohmy: :ohmy:

I had to move heaven and earth to get red - blue was not available as totally sold out and they wanted me to have white as the base colour is cheapest and I was tempted but later when I came back to see about the white they threw in the colour for free and that made my mind up. They hadn't put in the car mats. They hadn't fitted the reversing sensors. They only left enough fuel to do about 10 miles at which point the warning light came on. I was initially supposed to collect it on the 24th. The one I was supposed to have was to be delivered a few days before the 24th but apparently it was not at the docks but still on the boat and stood no chance of being delivered before April so they had to find one STAT.
This one was in London. They said they were going to drive it up until I whinged about delivery mileage. They then offered me the reversing sensors as a sweetener. Eventually they put it on a transporter but said I could still have the sensors...........well it had all been a bit of a mess...............and it arrived just before I collected it. They say that is why they had no time to fit sensors but surely mats don't need any time to fit! I have to take it back for the sensors to be fitted. So my very first impressions are not the most endearing.
As for legroom...........well. It may have headroom but it has no legroom..But neither did my Jimny, nor my SJ nor my LJ though the Vitaras did!

Time to create page: 0.124 seconds