BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× An area for non Suzuki Jimny related chat. Keep it clean etc. as this is a public forum with young readers.

Moan of the day

More
06 Oct 2015 18:54 #153107 by helijohn
Moan of the day was created by helijohn
When I stop to let a pedestrian cross at a zebra crossing and they don't say thanks, some don't even look. :angry:

Do it right - use Hammerite
When the blue light is flashing I am kidding.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• wombat
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
06 Oct 2015 19:49 #153117 by wombat
Replied by wombat on topic Moan of the day
You're lucky, round here most people just cross without waiting for you to stop then give you mucky looks as they walk across . The schoolkids think it's funny to walk along the path then jump onto the crossing at the last minute, giving out abuse as they cross :evil: :evil: :evil:
Sorry to hijack the moan John, rant over :)

More
06 Oct 2015 21:25 #153133 by helijohn
Replied by helijohn on topic Moan of the day

wombat wrote: You're lucky, round here most people just cross without waiting for you to stop then give you mucky looks as they walk across . The schoolkids think it's funny to walk along the path then jump onto the crossing at the last minute, giving out abuse as they cross :evil: :evil: :evil:
Sorry to hijack the moan John, rant over :)

Not at all, it's that too. ;)

• Daniel30
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
06 Oct 2015 21:58 #153134 by Daniel30
Replied by Daniel30 on topic Moan of the day
Yeah hate that..
And when you stop to let someone in there vehicle pass if cars are double parked and they just ignore the fact you have stopped and let them go first!!!! #@:;-#!??"'!.,##-:_;

Aaahhh that's better :woohoo:

• TomDK
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
07 Oct 2015 08:08 #153136 by TomDK
Replied by TomDK on topic Moan of the day
I really don't see the problem.

Here in Denmark you must stop at pedestrian crossings if there are people wanting to cross. They have right of way at these zebra thingies, so why should they thank you.. ?

But okay, I'm not sure the same rules applies to the UK.

• Daniel30
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
07 Oct 2015 11:56 #153140 by Daniel30
Replied by Daniel30 on topic Moan of the day
Would of thought it was just good manners :whistle:

More
07 Oct 2015 15:46 #153156 by helijohn

Daniel30 wrote: Would of thought it was just good manners :whistle:

And that's the problem these days. ;)

• TomDK
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
07 Oct 2015 16:10 #153159 by TomDK
Replied by TomDK on topic Moan of the day
You're right about that.. Same thing goes here in Denmark :D

• Northern-Wanderer
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
07 Oct 2015 22:38 #153189 by Northern-Wanderer
Replied by Northern-Wanderer on topic Moan of the day

TomDK wrote: I really don't see the problem.

Here in Denmark you must stop at pedestrian crossings if there are people wanting to cross. They have right of way at these zebra thingies, so why should they thank you.. ?

But okay, I'm not sure the same rules applies to the UK.

People here have right of way on zebra crossings

More
08 Oct 2015 09:52 #153203 by helijohn

Northern-Wanderer wrote: People here have right of way on zebra crossings

Zebra crossings. Give traffic plenty of time to see you and to stop before you start to cross. Vehicles will need more time when the road is slippery. Wait until traffic has stopped from both directions or the road is clear before crossing. Remember that traffic does not have to stop until someone has moved onto the crossing.

The bit in bold is the part relevant to my annoyance cos when I do stop specially the least they can do is thank me.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
10 Oct 2015 05:58 - 10 Oct 2015 06:00 #153325 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic Moan of the day
Why given the prevalence of vehicles in this country is that information not part of the curriculum in every school up to the age of leaving. Pedestrians are incredibly vulnerable compared to motorists no matter how hard a driver is concentrating on the task in hand. Yet a random pedestrian who is too idle to look to see if it is safe to venture across the road, assuming they felt inclined to even find a designated crossing, steps out into traffic then has the sympathy of society and the law because the drivers should have known what was going to happen and are to blame for maiming the lazy ignorant walkist. No sorry but some personal responsibility is needed to be put back into the system. Edifying the masses of the dangers of roads and traffic is only a good thing but the responsibility for making roads safer can't just lie with drivers and car makers. It's dangerous, don't play with it.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!
Last edit: 10 Oct 2015 06:00 by Lambert. Reason: Grammar

More
10 Oct 2015 18:31 #153365 by helijohn

11/60 wrote: Why given the prevalence of vehicles in this country is that information not part of the curriculum in every school up to the age of leaving. Pedestrians are incredibly vulnerable compared to motorists no matter how hard a driver is concentrating on the task in hand. Yet a random pedestrian who is too idle to look to see if it is safe to venture across the road, assuming they felt inclined to even find a designated crossing, steps out into traffic then has the sympathy of society and the law because the drivers should have known what was going to happen and are to blame for maiming the lazy ignorant walkist. No sorry but some personal responsibility is needed to be put back into the system. Edifying the masses of the dangers of roads and traffic is only a good thing but the responsibility for making roads safer can't just lie with drivers and car makers. It's dangerous, don't play with it.

So right. I put in the whole thing as a quote cos I went with all of it. I think jaywalking is recognised as an offence somewhere, maybe Germany. When I cross the road, crossing or not, I am always on tenterhooks cos I know motorists but some of the adult non motoring public do cross the road in such a way I can surely tell they are not drivers.

Time to create page: 0.121 seconds