BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× An area for non Suzuki Jimny related chat. Keep it clean etc. as this is a public forum with young readers.

is there any intrest fast back hard top

• Stu stu
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 Jan 2014 13:31 #100867 by Stu stu
Replied by Stu stu on topic is there any intrest fast back hard top
I'd just say that at £400 to loose all that space in the rear would be pointless when you could save up and buy a proper replacement full hard top, it's all about getting the cost down, it's alright people saying yeah yeah £400 is a good price but just watch how much interest you get now the price is out there because I bet it's slim to none, I'm not disputing the craftsman ship by any means, I'd love to be able to do all that.

No disrespect by any means because it does look great

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Jan 2014 13:43 #100871 by idiotmobil
there only a side line so I don't care if I sell none I wanted one for mine, I cant see hardly any one saving up to give over £1400 for a hard top a lot of people buy a fast back soft top to replace a rotted normal soft top for around £250 so for a extra £150 you can have some thing that's going to last a lot longer is better made
£400 is not a lot when compared to other things link bumpers for around that that I could and have made in a day
no disrespect taken every ones intituled to the opinion how ever wrong it is lol

JIMNYLESS

• jonesyba420
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 Jan 2014 13:53 #100873 by jonesyba420
Replied by jonesyba420 on topic is there any intrest fast back hard top
I think they will do alright mate, get them advertised on the other zuki forums, maybe martin could put suttin in the shop section aswell.will be much better than a material fast back, cant just slash it open with a knife for a start and will look much nicer,plus you could mount things to it, shovel maybe.

• Poyner111
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
18 Jan 2014 12:32 #100977 by Poyner111
Replied by Poyner111 on topic is there any intrest fast back hard top
Full hard to is far to expensive, also like the look of the fast back, only carry mutts in the back of mine the loss in height won't bother them

• markyp2000
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
18 Jan 2014 13:03 #100980 by markyp2000
Replied by markyp2000 on topic is there any intrest fast back hard top
Hows it going to lock shut i spose you could use a bonnet catch and cable mounted to the rear door and mould a metal bracket to the lid to mount a pin on

More
18 Jan 2014 13:33 #100984 by idiotmobil
ya need to look in to it once I have one made, personally im not locking mine as all they can steel is the mud inside the more complicated I make it the more work and more money its going to cost, theres a few options for locking, there needs to be a way to do it with out drilling any holes etc I want to make it completely reversible with out trace off it being done as I know my soft top will be on in the hot summer days

JIMNYLESS

More
18 Jan 2014 16:08 - 18 Jan 2014 16:09 #100999 by Rhinoman
Compared to a full hardtop the fastback will be a lot easier to store when its not fitted. It'll have to have a catch of some sort or it'll come open at speed.

Some Suzukis and a bunch of motorcycles.
Last edit: 18 Jan 2014 16:09 by Rhinoman.

More
18 Jan 2014 17:42 - 18 Jan 2014 17:45 #101002 by idiotmobil
mines getting two of these rubber strap catch things in stainless and a handle in the middle im thinking of cutting down the work and cost buy selling with just thee hinges and the rest being extras so full one with window etc would be around 400 but can cut it down with having no window or handle/catches etc and knock the price of parts and fitting off

JIMNYLESS
Attachments:
Last edit: 18 Jan 2014 17:45 by idiotmobil. Reason: added photo

• Dan_T
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
18 Jan 2014 22:05 #101029 by Dan_T
Replied by Dan_T on topic is there any intrest fast back hard top
Any clue on price with no fitting kit and no window on back. Just the basic of basic one?

More
18 Jan 2014 22:17 #101031 by idiotmobil
noop probably be around £250 ish none of these prices are fixed till I get a couple finished and like every think in life its going slower than I would like hopefully I get a good load more done tomorrow

JIMNYLESS

• Poyner111
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
23 Jan 2014 18:28 #101724 by Poyner111
Replied by Poyner111 on topic is there any intrest fast back hard top
Any update ?

More
23 Jan 2014 20:42 #101746 by idiotmobil
sort off, mould nearly done, ive been really busy and only been able to do sundays but as soon as moulds done it needs the finish perfecting to get the perfect gloss finish but before i should be able to pop one out so i have something to work off for the hinges and window etc, its a long process for a plug and mould the times you need to wait for resin to dry is a lot longer due to the amounts used if you are to quick the mould can pull out of shape as the resin still dry's for days after so im just being extra careful or risk all being a waste of time

JIMNYLESS

Time to create page: 0.167 seconds