BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× An area for non Suzuki Jimny related chat. Keep it clean etc. as this is a public forum with young readers.

is there any intrest fast back hard top

• Decalwizard
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 Jan 2014 12:09 - 12 Jan 2014 12:11 #100206 by Decalwizard
Replied by Decalwizard on topic is there any intrest fast back hard top

jonesyba420 wrote:

Stu stu wrote: I recon they would sell well at £150-200

:ohmy: thats less that a quarter of the hardback conversion!

Think of the time and skill let alone the craftmanship thats going into building this buddy.

Could you build one for £200?

£200 is low, I paid £190 for my spotlight pod for the bonnet, I think he is looking into maybe making a direct fit bonnet spot light pod too :woohoo:
Last edit: 12 Jan 2014 12:11 by Decalwizard.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Jan 2014 14:01 - 12 Jan 2014 14:02 #100215 by idiotmobil
by the reply's of price ive got looks like I mite be the only person having one of these backs theres going to be more than £150 of materials going in to them and everything made custom to fit like hinges need to be laser cut out of stainless etc persex and rubber seal for the windows not going to be that cheep
the price I had worked out was more like £400 its going to take about a 2 days to make one these arnt going to be knocked out quick and rough
I suppose its going to be down to you get what you pay for on these you could go and buy a bit of fabric fast back that are £250 just for a bit of cloth and some poppers or a proper hard fast back that's some ones toke a lot of time making perfect

JIMNYLESS
Last edit: 12 Jan 2014 14:02 by idiotmobil. Reason: added

• vitara_mad
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 Jan 2014 16:44 #100233 by vitara_mad
Replied by vitara_mad on topic is there any intrest fast back hard top
I would have thought £300 to £400 is a fair price for 1 of these roofs with all the hard work & skill that's going into making them

• gipcyan bill
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 Jan 2014 18:16 #100244 by gipcyan bill
Replied by gipcyan bill on topic is there any intrest fast back hard top
Agree £400 is a good price
would not like to think how much Suzuki would charge

• Dan_T
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 Jan 2014 20:14 #100290 by Dan_T
Replied by Dan_T on topic is there any intrest fast back hard top
Id pay between £275 - £300. Tbh if it was any more (for me) id just buy the replacement fastback.

More
12 Jan 2014 20:25 #100294 by idiotmobil
they wont be that price or they wouldn't get made that would mean at very best I would get £125 profit each one and that if I can get the cost down to £150 its looking as if the hinges are going to cost £50 alone, with the two days labour involved ill be getting paid £60 ish a day I got more when I was 17 if it toke a day it would be near where I could get building this sort of things for a company `just this mould would cost a boatyard around a grand for me to make in wages

JIMNYLESS

More
12 Jan 2014 21:59 #100307 by Rhinoman
£400 seems fair, what's the cost of a factory hardtop - over £1000?

Some Suzukis and a bunch of motorcycles.

More
12 Jan 2014 22:05 #100308 by idiotmobil
£1300+ but that top is bloody good for what is involved in making that if you look closly at all the inside trim etc and the way the back window on the door etc is its made to perfection some some one with the money its good but mite as well sell a soft top and buy are hard top proberly be cheeper

JIMNYLESS

• Poyner111
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 Jan 2014 12:20 #100772 by Poyner111
Replied by Poyner111 on topic is there any intrest fast back hard top
£400 sounds reasonable to me, how is the inside trimmed ? Any news on the spare wheel mount ?

More
16 Jan 2014 18:44 #100787 by idiotmobil
inside was going to be finished completely smooth gellcoat finish but would have to make second mould and would push the price up so be finished painted matt black it wont be completely smooth but be near on and its only the inside and the cloth tops are ratty any way, no news on spare mount as not finished the main yet not done any thing since last sunday work is taking the priority and had to order some stuff for it so proberly do sunday again

JIMNYLESS

• Poyner111
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 Jan 2014 07:07 #100839 by Poyner111
Replied by Poyner111 on topic is there any intrest fast back hard top
Work does get in the way of the important stuff, very inconvenient !! Not to fussed on the inside finish just curious.
I personally would prefer no window in the back and move the rear door mount wheel holder to the back ?
Interested to know why the custom hinges, when you can buy blank A4 s/s in various sizes, surely one would do the job and the drill hole positions to match ?
Also have you got as far at looking at how /if it will lock, thing in hate most about the soft top is the security....and how well does it seal, reduced road noise ?

More
17 Jan 2014 10:33 #100857 by idiotmobil
few questions I can answer right now the seal should be good it seals on the inside edge on the rubber seal that's all ready around the back and there is going to be a second seal around the edge of new roof that will sit down against the body so should be good and a lot better than the one now this is yet to be tested for obvious ressons,

inside finish will be reasonable .

the hinges if I can bare talking about them, lol you maybe able to get normal of the shelf hinges to fit and work but you will have to start drilling holes some were in the body I was willing to do this mine will mount on original holes you can buy any thing that will,

the lock hasn't been though of yet but there's many ways to lock it ill do that one of the last things as that will be quick

you could just fit your wheel mount if it will fit ok

I would be happy to sell these in any combination and ive been thinking of making all the bit as added extras so blank back then ad window, hinges, handle, lock, gas rams, etc

next week hopefully ill have one out the mould I was hoping to get this done quicker but work has been coming in so stopping the progress

JIMNYLESS

Time to create page: 0.169 seconds