BigJimny Meet and off-road driving day

20TH OCTOBER 2019

NOW BOOKING - CLICK HERE

See HERE for details - See HERE for discussion

North Coast 500 trip. October 17 to 22

• Lambert
  • Lambert's Avatar Topic Author
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
16 Apr 2019 06:23 - 17 May 2019 08:29 #206175 by Lambert
Hi all. For the 4th year in a row I am heading north for my birthday. My usual crew have other commitments so I am looking for a few cars for some company. The plan is to meet in Inverness Friday evening and set of anti clockwise Saturday morning. Camp in durness on Saturday night and run back to Inverness to the hotel and home on Monday. It is a great drive and can be extended to accommodate lower paced driving habits. I have briefly looked into unpaved sections and there are some opportunities and tbh some of the paved roads are quite borderline anyway. I usually budget about 500 quid for the weekend with accommodation food and petrol.

Dreadnaught (black 2011)
Last edit: 17 May 2019 08:29 by Lambert. Reason: Big Jimny meet.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Apr 2019 06:39 #206178 by stiffsteve204me

Lambert wrote: Hi all. For the 4th year in a row I am heading north for my birthday. My usual crew have other commitments so I am looking for a few cars for some company. The plan is to meet in Inverness Friday evening and set of anti clockwise Saturday morning. Camp in durness on Saturday night and run back to Inverness to the hotel and home on Monday. It is a great drive and can be extended to accommodate lower paced driving habits. I have briefly looked into unpaved sections and there are some opportunities and tbh some of the paved roads are quite borderline anyway. I usually budget about 500 quid for the weekend with accommodation food and petrol.

That was sounding good, Lambert, but you lost me at the "camping" stage. :whistle: :laugh:

Steve.

“He that strikes the venison first shall be the lord o' the feast.” — Shakespeare, King Lear.

• Andy2640
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
    Registered
  • Its better to have tried and failed.
More
16 Apr 2019 06:45 - 16 Apr 2019 06:45 #206180 by Andy2640

stiffsteve204me wrote:

Lambert wrote: Hi all. For the 4th year in a row I am heading north for my birthday. My usual crew have other commitments so I am looking for a few cars for some company. The plan is to meet in Inverness Friday evening and set of anti clockwise Saturday morning. Camp in durness on Saturday night and run back to Inverness to the hotel and home on Monday. It is a great drive and can be extended to accommodate lower paced driving habits. I have briefly looked into unpaved sections and there are some opportunities and tbh some of the paved roads are quite borderline anyway. I usually budget about 500 quid for the weekend with accommodation food and petrol.

That was sounding good, Lambert, but you lost me at the "camping" stage. :whistle: :laugh:

Steve.

Naa....it's Glamping in a Jimny :-)

A wise man once said...... When we are Mean, Shout at People, Lose our Tempers, Swear, and generally act like Tool Bags, Never forget ..... We are all Cavemen in Suits, Uniforms and/or Overalls ..... Living in Semi-Concrete Jungles. Andy - 2019 AD.
Last edit: 16 Apr 2019 06:45 by Andy2640. Reason: Sounds good by the way.

• Lambert
    Registered
More
16 Apr 2019 06:52 #206181 by Lambert
Its also only a tenner for the night!

Dreadnaught (black 2011)

• Andy2640
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
    Registered
More
16 Apr 2019 07:50 - 16 Apr 2019 08:04 #206187 by Andy2640
I miss my camping days. Nowadays im like a domesticated house cat, never venturing very far. Something so rewarding about cooking beans, sausages and a cuppa outdoors with a stove. What region you live in then Lambert?

EDIT: Sorry, scrap that, i just seen your profile page - Harrogate'ish. LOL.

Its a loooong way from me, but i'm game for an adventure.

A wise man once said...... When we are Mean, Shout at People, Lose our Tempers, Swear, and generally act like Tool Bags, Never forget ..... We are all Cavemen in Suits, Uniforms and/or Overalls ..... Living in Semi-Concrete Jungles. Andy - 2019 AD.
Last edit: 16 Apr 2019 08:04 by Andy2640.

More
16 Apr 2019 08:18 #206188 by Daniel30
BEANS! tent ventilation comes to mind :D

• Andy2640
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
    Registered
More
16 Apr 2019 08:35 #206189 by Andy2640
:sick: :evil: :pinch: Paaarp!!

• Lambert
    Registered
More
16 Apr 2019 08:55 #206191 by Lambert
It's only about 12 to 15 hundred miles round trip from here. Nice steady weekend out. But only if you like driving. Otherwise it's a long long way!

Dreadnaught (black 2011)

• Andy2640
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
    Registered
More
16 Apr 2019 09:14 #206194 by Andy2640

GeorgeC wrote: Andy can stay in his Onesie for the weekend!

George this is uncanny!! How do you know i wear a Onesie?? Mind reader so you are :-)

Attachments:

• Andy2640
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
    Registered
More
16 Apr 2019 09:22 #206195 by Andy2640

Lambert wrote: It's only about 12 to 15 hundred miles round trip from here. Nice steady weekend out. But only if you like driving. Otherwise it's a long long way!

I'm up for it! If you can put up with my farts and Onesie. I'll even bring my fake ID so i can buy a ginger beer or summit ;-)

This running "age" joke has stuck for life i reckon ;-) Georges fault! :-)

• Lambert
    Registered
More
16 Apr 2019 10:21 #206201 by Lambert
The pub in durness is awesome. Proper food and a great atmosphere. The premier inn in Inverness has a all you can eat breakfast buffet attachment in the carvery next door. That too is awesome in a diabetic shock kinda way.

Dreadnaught (black 2011)

More
16 Apr 2019 15:49 #206218 by Guy 2
If a) you don't mind an 'Old Fogey', and b) my blxxxy Jimny has turned up by that date - then count me in!

I've now got so decrepit though, that I might just stay in a B&B (yeh, I know I'm a wimp - but then you wouldn't want to have to call the Ambulance! It takes hours up in that part of the World)

Last time I went camping it was decades ago, in Greece - and there was this girl...…

Mustn't think about that or my pacemaker will start to malfunction! (Joking, again)

Time to create page: 0.685 seconds