BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× Sell your bits!
NOTE: This is for members and their private sales/wants.
There are rules that suppliers have to follow (and many of you do follow the rules). However there have been a number of instances recently where "suppliers" have broken the rules.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum

WANTED - Wheel nuts or tool

• Max Headroom
  • Max Headroom's Avatar Topic Author
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Registered
  • OPEN AIR MOTORING... 93 MILLION MILES OF HEADROOM
More
14 Sep 2019 20:20 #213529 by Max Headroom
Thanks Daniel - if they're definately for the alloy wheels I'll take you up on that! Thank you :)

IF IT AINT BROKE, KEEP FIXING IT UNTIL IT IS

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Daniel30
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 Sep 2019 22:19 #213531 by Daniel30
Replied by Daniel30 on topic WANTED - Wheel nuts or tool
Yeah, left over from changing to steel wheels :)

• Max Headroom
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Registered
More
15 Sep 2019 04:57 #213532 by Max Headroom
Oh perfect!

Bring them along - I'll definitely buy them from you!
I think after the minor drama of losing the adapter tool, Im no longer going to bother with locking them; it suddenly felt like it was far more trouble than it was worth :(

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
15 Sep 2019 06:06 #213536 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic WANTED - Wheel nuts or tool
I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss them. I too lost a key and thought about not bothering but it's like everything else, yes if a thief is determined they'll have anything away but that doesn't mean we have to make it easy for them. And then there's the insurance, being able to demonstrate that you have at least attempted to minimize your exposure to risk makes it easier to argue for a reasonable outcome.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
15 Sep 2019 08:27 #213537 by Scimike
Replied by Scimike on topic WANTED - Wheel nuts or tool
I would fit the locking nuts if you already have them, but I would not go out of my way to install a set if I did not.
Not convinced the benefits are real, sure they will slow down an opportunistic removal, but then I am sure tea leafs dont walk around and suddenly feel like a set of Jimny wheels .:laugh:
Yes you could get targeted, but as demonstrated £20 and a photo gets you the correct tool for the planned theft if they don't have the correct one already.
Just an alternative view, we are a diverse bunch.
Mike

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)

• Max Headroom
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Registered
More
15 Sep 2019 22:26 #213557 by Max Headroom
Yes, I like the diversity here :) B)

I dont live in an area prone to getting cars or even bits of car stolen - and when its not parked here its usually parked at work behind an armed guard on a military base.
I get the impression the opportunist scumbags certainly target vehicles that appear to have been abandoned but other than that vehicles seem left alone.

Admittedly this was the first time I have ever lost this damned tool (on any car I've owned). I put it down to a brief moment of carelessness or momenatary lack of concentration finishing a job I was doing that required a wheel to be removed when I was in a hurry.
I intend to paint the replacement tool in a flourescent paint and attach a tag to it

In fact here's a picture of the very tag...

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.126 seconds