BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× Sell your bits!
NOTE: This is for members and their private sales/wants.
There are rules that suppliers have to follow (and many of you do follow the rules). However there have been a number of instances recently where "suppliers" have broken the rules.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum

For Sale - 2001 Jimmy 1.3 Soft-top (non-runner/project) * FINAL CALL 01/07/19 *

• MarcB1972
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 Jun 2019 14:21 - 15 Jun 2019 14:23 #209983 by MarcB1972
With sadness, I am selling my 2001 Jimmy 1.3 ST. (approx 90k miles)

Before eBay etc thought I'd post here to those who care for these little wonders.

Its been a great car and has had many modifications but has recently failed its MOT* and on inspection/checking for overheating, pressure test - the cyl head was removed, piston 3 steam cleaned to find the piston liner nip was low. Garage was reluctant to repair (and downright dreadful to deal with) subsequently I have my Jimmy back although the engine is in pieces (hence non-runner) and will need truck or tow.

Until recently (May 2019) its ran well, I have put a brand new roof kit on it, modded exhaust, Kobra off-road tyres.

This would make an excellent project for someone in the know, with space and time.

would ideally like to cover cost of roof/mods so will sell for £450 ono

Pls contact for further info

Marc

*MOT fail issues
Speedometer/Engine Mil inoperative/failed to illuminate - Cluster working intermittently
Track rod and ball joint has play offside
body structure or chassis has corrosion, affecting strength within 30cm of body mounting off-side rear

Attachments:
Last edit: 15 Jun 2019 14:23 by MarcB1972. Reason: made an error

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Riccy
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Registered
  • J999 MNY Bashing around Carlisle
More
15 Jun 2019 16:17 #209987 by Riccy
Nice looking project for the money there B). Do you know if its the M series or G series engine in there (or bits of it at least)?

You need to put on the ad where it is located roughly. I might be interested, but I suspect your many miles away from me.

J999 MNY, ULYSSES M18 VVT with ITB's Dyno tested at 130hp

Pickup/tipper, R7me gearbox & 6.4 Rocklobster, 31" Toyo MT, 2x ARB air locker 3.9 diffs in braced axles, 6" total lift, Floating rear conversion, Raptor painted, CB, Recaro's, Caged, etc, etc...

www.youtube.com/user/riclemus
The following user(s) said Thank You: MarcB1972

More
15 Jun 2019 17:33 #209996 by Keithy
G series if the blocks in and head is off Richard.

A pretty little thing!

I had one given and turned it into this.

Spent months rebuilding it.

Too many projects or I'd snap your fingers off.

Steal the engine out of wifeys Vitara for it lol
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Riccy

• MarcB1972
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 Jun 2019 18:12 #209998 by MarcB1972
Hi riccy

It’s a G.

I’m in Bradford on Avon (near Bath, Wiltshire), you’re right - I should put that on the details

Thanks

M

• MarcB1972
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 Jun 2019 18:25 #210000 by MarcB1972
that looks great Keith. good job

• MarcB1972
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 Jun 2019 14:07 #210030 by MarcB1972

MarcB1972 wrote: With sadness, I am selling my 2001 Jimmy 1.3 ST. (approx 90k miles)

Before eBay etc thought I'd post here to those who care for these little wonders.

Its been a great car and has had many modifications but has recently failed its MOT* and on inspection/checking for overheating, pressure test - the cyl head was removed, piston 3 steam cleaned to find the piston liner nip was low. Garage was reluctant to repair (and downright dreadful to deal with) subsequently I have my Jimmy back although the engine is in pieces (hence non-runner) and will need truck or tow.

Until recently (May 2019) its ran well, I have put a brand new roof kit on it, modded exhaust, Kobra off-road tyres.

This would make an excellent project for someone in the know, with space and time.

Pls contact for further info, via here or t:0781 205 8924.

I am based in Bradford on Avon (nr Bath) Wiltshire

Marc

*MOT fail issues
Speedometer/Engine Mil inoperative/failed to illuminate - Cluster working intermittently
body structure or chassis has corrosion, affecting strength within 30cm of body mounting off-side rear

• MarcB1972
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
29 Jun 2019 14:01 #210422 by MarcB1972

MarcB1972 wrote: With sadness, I am selling my 2001 Jimmy 1.3 ST. (approx 90k miles)

Pls contact for further info, via here or t:0781 205 8924.

I am based in Bradford on Avon (nr Bath) Wiltshire

Marc

*MOT fail issues

Time to create page: 0.181 seconds