BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× Discuss the BigJimny Shop and Website in this section. Whats good, whats bad, whats ugly! - what would you like to see!

Tapatalk

• MadsV
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
24 Sep 2018 16:10 #196247 by MadsV
Tapatalk was created by MadsV
Is there anyway to contact Tapatalk regarding problems? Cant seem to find a «contact» button anywhere.
I have almost stopped using the app since almost all photos does not show in the app. Its a shame as the app itself is good

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Sep 2018 12:52 #196255 by mlines
Replied by mlines on topic Tapatalk
The problem with Tapatalk is that it is a multi layer model.

At the top is the standard Tapatalk application, everyone gets the same App downloaded from their App store. This is the package that Tapatalk is responsible for and support. They do not support anything else, they simply publish an API for connections to the App,

At the bottom is the native bulletin board/forum. This is managed by the bulletin board authors. In the case of BigJimny this is Kunena. The Kunena developers are responsible for the support of the board only and they publish an API to access the board.

In the middle is a software "shim". This connects the Tapatalk API to the Kunena API. Anyone can write these shims and someone was good enough to write one for Tapatalk to Kunena. However, support can be poor as they are basically handwritten and the one for Tapatalk/Kunena has faults. Faults can be raised on the shim but they are slow to fix. This is where the problem lies. Talking to Tapatalk or Kunena gets nowhere as they say that it is a problem with the shim software.

Martin

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

More
25 Sep 2018 13:04 #196256 by mlines
Replied by mlines on topic Tapatalk
What I could do is remove the capability for web users (not Tapatalk app users) to upload images to this site. THey would have to host pictures on an external site (ie. Flickr) .

Would this help?

Martin

235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air

More
25 Sep 2018 15:44 #196263 by yakuza
Replied by yakuza on topic Tapatalk
Then i would need a guide as to what service to use. I upload pictures from my mobile using the web interface. I cannot do it with the Tapatalk at all as there is no function in android Tapatalk app to reduce the picture size in Tapatalk or the upload function. And my phone camera cannot make smaller pictures without me reducing them manually one by one and that is too much bother
It would also be too much hassle if i had to copy pictures from my phone to the PC to put pictures up. I am lazy, i know, so then I would just not put any pictures up :)

Norway 2005 Jimny M16A VVT, 235 BFG MT, 2" Trailmaster, ARB rear lck, 17%/87% high/low gears.

More
25 Sep 2018 15:48 - 25 Sep 2018 15:48 #196264 by yakuza
Replied by yakuza on topic Tapatalk
Does flickr work now? I see alot of flickr icons around that says that they do not support use like this.. or have they fixed it?

Norway 2005 Jimny M16A VVT, 235 BFG MT, 2" Trailmaster, ARB rear lck, 17%/87% high/low gears.
Last edit: 25 Sep 2018 15:48 by yakuza.

More
25 Sep 2018 19:17 #196269 by mlines
Replied by mlines on topic Re:Tapatalk
I thought it was photobucket that didn't work? I have never tried Flickr, I was just guessing

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Martin

The following user(s) said Thank You: yakuza

• MadsV
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
25 Sep 2018 21:17 #196273 by MadsV
Replied by MadsV on topic Re:Tapatalk
No i think the web solution with picture uploading have to stay as is.
But thanks for a good explanation of where the problem is.

More
26 Sep 2018 11:52 #196287 by yakuza
Replied by yakuza on topic Re:Tapatalk

mlines wrote: I thought it was photobucket that didn't work? I have never tried Flickr, I was just guessing

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

It might be :) I have no idea it seems :huh: :blink: :)

But Tapatalk does not work to place pictures here with my android phone at least. Of course it would work if i bothered to use some sort of bucket or something. Tried to use this app i got thru my ISP but no..

Time to create page: 0.113 seconds