BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× Discuss the BigJimny Shop and Website in this section. Whats good, whats bad, whats ugly! - what would you like to see!

Recommendation for 2inch suspension lift.

• Dano0404
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
27 Jun 2018 22:44 #193842 by Dano0404
Hello,

Recently pursued a 2005 with lpg currently at 90k miles I’ve been looking for a lift kit the current suspension is quite hard and crashy, would be nice to have something a bit softer. Only place I have seen them for sale is here and on eBay wondering what the difference is?

So far I’ve ordered new bearings for the front to try sort the wheel wobble out along with new discs and pads. I’ll mainly be using it for local run arounds and a few green lanes (nothing to extreme).
It currently has some 215-75-15 tyres on that are getting low so I will change them out for some A/T tyres in the near future.

Any help would be appreciated thanks
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• TomDK
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
28 Jun 2018 07:33 #193843 by TomDK
Replied by TomDK on topic Recommendation for 2inch suspension lift.
Definitely get the trail master kit from the bigjimny shop. Far better than the cheap raptor, rough country, procomp kits. Better because it's tailored specifically to the Jimny. The other shocks are either of unknown origin or made to some us truck.

• Riccy
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Registered
  • J999 MNY Bashing around Carlisle
More
28 Jun 2018 16:56 #193849 by Riccy
+1 for the Trailmaster kit. brilliant gear :-)

Interested to know about the LPG conversion. How does it run on that? My experience of LPG cars before is that they are slower on gas than petrol

J999 MNY, ULYSSES M18 VVT with ITB's Dyno tested at 130hp

Pickup/tipper, R7me gearbox & 6.4 Rocklobster, 31" Toyo MT, 2x ARB air locker 3.9 diffs in braced axles, 6" total lift, Floating rear conversion, Raptor painted, CB, Recaro's, Caged, etc, etc...

www.youtube.com/user/riclemus

• Dano0404
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
28 Jun 2018 20:18 #193852 by Dano0404
Replied by Dano0404 on topic Recommendation for 2inch suspension lift.
Thanks for the reply.

I’ve had a few cars on lpg a 330i currently have the jimny and a supercharged Range Rover. The 330i you could notice a loss in power, the Range Rover runs well but is still down on power. The jimny I can’t notice the difference it’s got a 55L tank in the boot witch holds about 40L I’ve only done one tank and got around 27mpg witch was mainly motorway at 70mph bit of country roads and 20-30miles off road, but out of the cars I’ve owned drives the best on lpg. Only down side is no boot. Conversion was done in 2010 so is quite old now.

Time to create page: 0.086 seconds