BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× Discuss the BigJimny Shop and Website in this section. Whats good, whats bad, whats ugly! - what would you like to see!

Lost reply

• Lambert
  • Lambert's Avatar Topic Author
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
06 Feb 2018 05:07 - 06 Feb 2018 05:11 #189128 by Lambert
Lost reply was created by Lambert
I have just discovered this and it could be a bit of useful information for people like me who regularly use the quick reply button.

There is a session length limit when using quick reply and you only tend to find it if you are slow at typing or making a longer response. It manifests as a little yellow warning on the top of the index page after you have hit submit. It can be quite infuriating.

There is a solution that doesn't require retyping the response.

After seeing the message scroll down to the relevant section, next open the post you want to reply to. Scroll down to the end and press the action button, then the reply button. This will take you to the full editor page and in the text box there are all the words you have just lost. Press submit.

This only works if you go directly to do it after getting the warning message.

I appreciate that the computer literate amongst us will be reading this and thinking it's abundantly obvious an so basic as to not need explanation but as I have said elsewhere I have the computer skills of a spaniel and I doubt I am alone.

Cheers.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!
Last edit: 06 Feb 2018 05:11 by Lambert.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jackonlyjack, Riccy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Feb 2018 10:17 #189136 by mlines
Replied by mlines on topic Lost reply
I can adjust the timers if it is really wanted.

In general, the software designers recommend that the timers are kept short as this improves the security of the system. Admittedly I have set them to the short end of the scale to try and defend this site as best I can so there is some leeway to set them higher.

Martin

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

• Lambert
  • Lambert's Avatar Topic Author
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
06 Feb 2018 10:48 #189137 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic Lost reply
No , leave them as they are, security is paramount. Now I have found this way round, all is good.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

Time to create page: 0.107 seconds